Views: 2198|Replies: 20

Smoking may claim lives of 1 in 3 young Chinese men [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-10-10 08:47:34 |Display all floors
A "No smoking" banner is seen in the Beijing National Stadium in this June 1, 2015 file photo. [Photo/IC]
Without intervention and cessation, roughly one in three of all young men in China would end up dying from smoking-related diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular conditions, according to new research published in the medical journal The Lancet.

Currently, about two-thirds of young Chinese ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-10 08:47:35 |Display all floors
That should compensate for the gender imbalance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-10 08:56:42 |Display all floors
Well, the country has to really be blamed for this enormous deaths and suffering because the government owned tobacco industry is busy making money by selling cigarettes all over the country.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-10 11:35:10 |Display all floors
What is needed is not another report on the harmful effects of smoking, and of secondhand smoke; we have seen plenty of those!  What is needed urgently is strict enforcement of the
no-smoking law plus higher tobacco taxes and prominent labelling, etc to discourage smoking!  That would be more productive than spending time and money conducting studies again and again on the same old problem!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-10 15:37:22 |Display all floors
it is getting more and more common that women even young girls smoke seriously.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-10 15:51:16 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2015-10-10 11:35
What is needed is not another report on the harmful effects of smoking, and of secondhand smoke; we  ...

Well said
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-10 15:51:47 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2015-10-10 11:35
What is needed is not another report on the harmful effects of smoking, and of secondhand smoke; we  ...

Exactly
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.