Views: 19336|Replies: 25

Friendship -- Americans are peach, Germans are coconut [Copy link] 中文

allgemein has been deleted
Post time 2003-11-3 19:07:34 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-3 20:58:33 |Display all floors

interesting!!

I don't know quite well about Americans and Germans, but wat u said were quite interesting and may represent the characteristics of the people.
chinese are more intricate. i think most chinese are patriotic and smart.
well, what do u think aussie r like?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-5 10:28:17 |Display all floors

good analogy

I think that generally that is a good analogy.

I think Americans are very open and want to be everyone's friend, but have learned that being open is dangerous to their heart, because as you can look in so easily, if you are too critical, then you will find that they have a strongly protected seed inside. Perhaps that is why with so much criticism and attack from so many, you find them unwilling to allow their fruit to come to your land.

I have lived with the German speaking people for an entire year, they seem very cold at first. Perhaps this is because they have suffered so much criticism from within their own culture, as well as from the outside. But if you persist, they eventually open up and you find their true sweet selves inside.

The Chinese are friendly and personally very polite. They can be extremely warm, but perhaps not as deep or emotionally expressive as their Western brothers. They seem less inclined to involve themselves in the affairs of others around them. Perhaps this is due to being so crowded for so long and have been raised in a culture that stresses the ideas of Confucius, to constrain their emotions. Maybe they are like kiwi fruit!

Conversely to the Chinese, the Germans and Americans seem eager to personally police the social behavior of their communities.

My limited experience of the Australians, reminds me that they are probably more like the Americans. But also, I think the English can be very charming and helpful and open as well.

Maybe someone has an idea about the French or the fun-loving Italians?

Use magic tools Report

allgemein has been deleted
Post time 2003-11-5 19:09:10 |Display all floors

to eightyeight

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-6 01:23:08 |Display all floors

Kiwi fruit rather than litchi nut

Hi allgemein:

I think Chinese have many little seeds, they are complex. They seem to have so many special thoughts for their very big families: godmothers, godfathers, godgrandmothers, second and third cousins, etc. Western people have nuclear families or are often independent: one seed. I thought about the watermelon, but it is too big. Of course, all people are too complicated to really get a fix, I think, but in making general analogies, I think we can see how to appreciate the differences in every culture.

Also, I agree that Americans think too much of themselves, there is too much National pride and ferver, of course that country is made up of many kinds of people, 13% hispanic, 13% black, and another 4 to 5% from other types of races, and the Caucasian is made up of a mix of different original cultures, English, Scot, German, and Irish origins mostly; otherwise, it just hasn't been around long enough to really have a culture of its own, except for the overdone Nationalism that seems so prevalent.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-8 02:20:48 |Display all floors

mixed fruit

I know people from many european countries and also from china and I  think no nation is just peach or coconut.  We are all mixed fruit really !
I know only very few americans and I did get the impression that with them you will find a lot of artificial flavour ...
Maybe I'm just prejudiced.
Thinking of the Bush administration I am afraid that some of the fruit you find over there is not really edible, at least not for non-americans.
Now seriously, I am sure there are also a lot of nice people in the usa, as anywhere else ...  

Use magic tools Report

nerogerman has been deleted
Post time 2003-11-8 11:23:23 |Display all floors

chinese friend chinese friend

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.