Author: futsanglung

medicine in China   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-10-10 16:35:36 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2015-10-10 15:52
No I never had that.

Did they ask you before or after the treatment?

Before I had even set the date for the treatment! They also took my picture which I believe is now on their website!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-10 16:38:57 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-10-10 16:35
Before I had even set the date for the treatment! They also took my picture which I believe is now ...

Tell them that you are a qualified professional and that it is important that they recognise that with the letters R.I.P. after your name.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-10-10 16:39:30 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2015-10-10 16:07
I now have a sophisticated chair that has a pair of independently sprung back rests to support my  ...

I have confiscated the wifes dart board!

Chairs at home and in the office and my bed were bought with great care but when travelling it is more difficult, certainly on the exhibitions where you have no choice what so ever.

Not heard of the ultra sound, is that like when the wife screams at me? The two ops I had are only done in tho hospitals in the world, one in Shanghai, one in the US, that was disc and bone work but made a great difference and they were honest saying we can improve things but can never cure you, they were right.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-10 19:29:50 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2015-10-10 16:38
Tell them that you are a qualified professional and that it is important that they recognise that  ...

Where I am from a professional hangs around on street corners, I am far too old for that

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-10 21:01:28 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-10-10 11:07
The accupuncture usually makes it WORSE for the first few hours but gives two to four weeks improv ...

My wife is a qualified TCM therapist so the slightest sneeze sees me thrown on to the treatment bed and pummelled to within inch of my life   She also connects acupuncture needles to an electronic device. I have mixed feelings about TCM and (dare I say) wonder how much any success is due to the placebo effect. Or the fact that despite which medicine is used (Western or Chinese) no one really knows if the condition would have cleared up without using any treatment.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-11 07:32:13 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2015-10-10 21:01
My wife is a qualified TCM therapist so the slightest sneeze sees me thrown on to the treatment be ...

I am a natural sceptic and did not expect accupuncture to work but it does, however I do have my doubts about other bits of TCM such as hot and cold foods but if it works do not knock it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-11 16:44:19 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-10-11 07:32
I am a natural sceptic and did not expect accupuncture to work but it does, however I do have my d ...

Acupuncture is probably the only treatment accepted in the west but probably not for the same reasons TCM would believe.

Like any dutiful husband I acquiesce to (most of) my wife's demands. Sometimes she likes to use me as a guinea pig for some procedure or other. The only thing I would not have is the blood letting cupping. Not sure what the real name is but they use a mallet with embedded pins to beat you with first and then draw blood into the cups. I saw this being carried out at the hospital my wife works in....   

I should be grateful that her aim in life is to keep me fit and healthy and have to admit that over time the massages have become less painful, so either my pain threshold is increasing or the treatment works

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.