Views: 8664|Replies: 17

Changing China? For the better or worse? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-8-13 17:07:36 |Display all floors
<<Cheering team members from China pose for a photo before a performance in Hong Kong, August 12, 2004. Top cheering teams from the Chinese mainland , United States, Japan and Australia gather in Hong Kong for a joint performance, which aims to boost local residents' interests in the upcoming Athens Olympics. [newsphoto]>>

(Source: http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-08/13/content_365190.htm )

My question: among 16 girls in the picture, why do we see ALL but one or two girls did not dye their hair keeping their natural hair color??

Why in our nation's popular beauty standards today our natural hair color is seen as inferior and undesired??

What is wrong with China's youth today?

Are we changing China for the better or worse?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-13 17:08:45 |Display all floors

The picture

20040813170845f1f5.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-13 17:52:47 |Display all floors

well...

Firstly, let me same that women have the right to their choices.
Personally, I prefer to see a Chinese woman with black hair. When they wear their hair in a pony tail and walk let alone run and it swings to and fro...be still my heart...lol
I have a Western friend who married a Chinese woman and to his dismay...lo and behold it wasn't long before her hair was dyed and processed.
You said, "What is wrong with China's youth today? "
It reminds me of an account I read expressing the same sentiments, youth today are wild, no respect for their parents, etc. Funny thing it was written in Ancient Greece. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-13 18:34:51 |Display all floors

Finally something nice from stud

The one on the right /bottom looks really nice.
Hair dye. I prefer the natural colour of yelow race women. It is probably a fashion to dye hair, I do not think it has much to to with inferiority(WHY?there is no any reason for this). The beautifull black hair ,at least in my eyes look better than dyed.
I talked my gf out of an idea of changing her hair colour.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-13 22:43:37 |Display all floors

Nice hair colour ….

blends well with the background …. at least that’s what I see.

wowzers says  …. “youth today are wild, no respect for their parents, etc.”  Not true. youths are wild, not today but always. my uncle has a picture of himself taken some, I think, 20 + years ago.  He has shoulder-length hair and was wearing patched-up bell-bottom – I’m sure not something my granny liked at that time.  Anyway, he was proud of that photo.

Hey, guys (or old man ?) let youth grow up, please?  I feel like them, too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-14 13:40:49 |Display all floors

why they think yellow or other colors COOL.............

I prefer Black.

Maybe they just follow suit of South Korea or Japanese models.........

Andydob, which girl you mean is very nice? RIght left.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-6 20:08:26 |Display all floors

Regarding the inequitable deletion of a constant forum contributor, the fact you

Thestud.

A forumite who has delivered hot global issues to this board;
A forumite who has delivered top economic news to this board;
A China patriot who has delivered abundant Chinese history knowledge to this board;
A China patriot who has delivered numerous photographs of the splendid Chinese landscape to this board;
A China patriot who concerns lots about the future of his country;
A China patriot who has high regard for the China authority;
A China patriot who loves his country deep down inside and stands up for her...

...the list can go on and on...

Let's see, let's read, let's find out the truth, let's ask for a fair final judgement of a great contributor such as Thestud.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.