Views: 3431|Replies: 6

It's interesting that NBA's more dependent on foreign players, like Yao Ming [Copy link] 中文

fangxuann has been deleted
Post time 2003-10-29 22:16:45 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-2 17:09:25 |Display all floors

Well maybe not "dependent"

Perhaps dependent is not quite the word to use.  Yao Ming is a great player and a novelty because he is Chinese and  tall -- and most Americans don't think of Chinese/height /basketball ability in the same sentence.  So of course, he's getting lots of media attention.

But the NBA certainly isn't "depending" on Yao Ming or any other foriegn players.  There's plenty of talent left in America.  There's plenty of players out there who are better than Yao Ming.  (Of course, as he learns from his American counterparts, we can all expect Yao Ming to improve and perhaps rise to the top).

But the players are definitely getting more diversified.  Basketball began as an American sport,  and it has long been acknowledged that the African Americans are the "experts" in the game.  But as the game becomes more popular worldwide, more talent is showing up in other countries and getting exported into America.  Rather like baseball.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-4 08:30:52 |Display all floors

Yao is great

Although he is not mature enough...he can be good player in NBA...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-5 15:30:37 |Display all floors

Yao,on the way to success in NBA

Because of Yao joining in Houston,more and more Chinese fans eye
on his performance in each match,more and more Americans come to realize that this big guy could play the basketball very well.in some way,Yao not only need more supports from head coach,playmates and fans,but also improve his physical conditions and tactics idea to be a superstar in NBA.
I much admire his nice personality and enthusiasm to motherland,I do believe that one day he would be the greatest basketball player In chinese hostory and make incrediable contribution to mutul understanding between two nations.Yao is more than a NBA player,who is becoming the image representative of chinese people in the world stage

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-8 11:22:48 |Display all floors

Yao is too modest to show off

It is true that Yao has his own way to deal with many things.  However,he has sarcrificed a lot .I mean he is not as hard or "selfless" as Steve Francis.Everything done is aimed at shooting.He can't  miss more.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-8 15:22:04 |Display all floors

I like Yaoming

The 2th  for his NBA life,   Yaoming have a perfect performance, he is becomming the core of the Hoston Rocket,
His confidence and enthusiasm help him win the support from others.
Another player Wangzhizhi, before I think more excellent thanYao , but now no reporter want to mention and report him, he is nearly out of sight.
this is very strange, and the fate is not certain, now Wang is very pressed and depression.

so the personality is very important to everyone, a opening ,aggressive temper will do more help on your career.

Am I right????

GOOD FUTURE..

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2011-9-6 09:06:13 |Display all floors

AND NOW HE'S GONE...

Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.