Views: 4346|Replies: 31

Trump Is the Black Horse to Watch on the Horizon [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-8-9 03:41:17 |Display all floors
It is possible, though not likely, for Trump to become the Republican Party nominee, and if not, an independent candidate, in the next U.S. presidential election.  He has nothing good to say about China and Hong Kong businessmen, as we all know.  Even the RedState hardliners are having a hard time tolerating him.

But that is not to say that he won't win the election.

He just might.  Then, it would be interesting for everyone.  Very interesting.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-9 13:19:57 |Display all floors
WITH MALICE TOWARD NONE . . .

Trumpgate #1,000 -- Trump told a CNN reporter that "There was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever" - referring to a popular anchor at a rival news cable channel.

Taken on face value, Trump was obviously impudent, indecent, and irredeemable.

But, if one thinks again, one realizes Trump could not have meant anything sexual or hormonal, as his allies turned critics assert.  He said "whatever" because he was using a cliche which had only one known direct object, eyes, but he said it twice, so what other object could he use?  Nothing, but nothing means the cliche failed.  So, he said "whatever".

Now, this is a true Rorschach test of his audience.

Those whose minds have mulled over malicious thoughts would immediately say, "Aha! Trump meant what I could have only meant, and that was base, indecent and unacceptable!"

Those whose minds are innocent, especially if you are a kid, would accept his post hoc explanation, "He surely meant something near the eyes, like you see in the comics and cartoons of villians, oozing blood from their eyes and mouths, and yes, even their nostrils."

Thus, without defending the indefensible, we can read the minds of those who say wrong things, and also of those who criticize them.  In this case, the man who supposedly had a slip of his tongue, was probably innocent.  And those who accused him of maliciousness, were were probably not innocent deep inside.  How else could they construe what would be totally ridiculous, for a candidate to talk sex on a nationally televised campaign?  Unlikely as it may sound, Trump probably meant the nose or the mouth, but his less innocent critics could not imagine he meant anything else BUT whatever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-9 13:32:16 |Display all floors
Trump did not enter the race to be President.

He entered the race to entertain himself

And to market his brands.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-9 13:57:00 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2015-8-9 13:32
Trump did not enter the race to be President.

Trump reminds me of an Austrian demagogue with a mustache who was famous for his racist scapegoating...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-9 14:06:14 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2015-8-9 13:57
Trump reminds me of an Austrian demagogue with a mustache who was famous for his racist scapegoati ...

But there will be no Nazi Youth.....

Only paid staffs.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-9 14:13:47 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2015-8-9 14:06
But there will be no Nazi Youth.....

Only paid staffs.

Trump has a growing movement of disaffected Whites hailing him as their Führer, even right here on CD Forum.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-9 14:18:30 |Display all floors
Trump is the ultimate reality show....playing himself.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.