Author: SherrySongSHSF

Ling's arrest a vital lesson for officials   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-7-26 18:26:00 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2015-7-26 11:28
You : "What is "real democracy" - something akin to the oposite way that China is governed at the  ...

Well what is good enough? Name a regime that has "real democracy" good enough to fit your demands / definition. You can fight for an ideal, you might not truly know what the end result of that ideal could be: hundreds of thousands of comrades waving little red books would be an example of that. It could be a great "dissapointment" but even more of a "disappointment" if you can't spell your slogans correctly.

"In my opinion, students are students." Very profound. I would also say that eggs are eggs, trees are trees, noodles are noodles ( except when they're not ). Students are "idealistic, full of energy and easily swayed." What, like the students on the mainland, easily swayed to follow the party line and naive enough to believe that they are following the one, true path ? Is that decision also inept ? HK students are clearly putting their faith in a different cause to the one that their comrades across the border "idealistically" follow due to propagandaist teachings and the conformity of the mass society which they are exposed to from the cradle.

"Some even use this as an excuse to escape class, flirt with girls, chill out and have a good time." Heaven forfend. Obviously mainland students, to again compare, would all be diligently swatting up on their studies, having no notions of having fun or communicating with members of the opposite sex. Undoubtedly none of them woud even own a yellow umbrella. It's a wonder that they would be even allowed to have different hair colours or to wear clothing which is not basic army stock !!!

"Hard boiled egg is also an egg..." but it's hard to make an omelette from it and you still have to break the shell sometime.

Human rights activists are critical of many countries around the world, some of democratic persuasion, some otherwise. China need not to have a chip on its shoulder for being focussed upon for its problems in this area but your admission the fact that China is not amongst this "once size fits all" democratic mould does not absolve it of human rights deficiences as its own government has readily admitted. The clampdown on freedom of expression and association evinced by the HK demonstrations would be a good example of this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-27 11:40:32 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-7-26 14:03
You are turning the facts upside down in order to accommodate my points in your own criticisms.

How did I turn the facts upside down? Show it! What's laughable? You are not discussing this with reason here. You have shown yourself to be subjective although I remember you claimed to be "the most objective" here. Now the fox is beginning to show its tail. What you are spouting here is just pure hatred for an establishment that is trying to correct its mistake. There are many countries that are corrupted but are not doing anything about it but at least China is.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-27 12:15:08 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2015-7-26 18:26
Well what is good enough? Name a regime that has "real democracy" good enough to fit your demands  ...

You: You can fight for an ideal, you might not truly know what the end result of that ideal could be: hundreds of thousands of comrades waving little red books would be an example of that.

Me: You have the idea that only China is full of propaganda but other countries are free of it. That is simply not true. That shows you have a narrow mind that is closed to anything that is different.

You: What, like the students on the mainland, easily swayed to follow the party line and naive enough to believe that they are following the one, true path ? Is that decision also inept ? HK students are clearly putting their faith in a different cause to the one that their comrades across the border "idealistically" follow due to propagandaist teachings and the conformity of the mass society which they are exposed to from the cradle.

Me: Similarly, I can also say the students from "democratic" countries are also brainwashed to think that democracy is the only true path and they must conform to this, which they are being "exposed to from the cradle".

You: Obviously mainland students, to again compare, would all be diligently swatting up on their studies, having no notions of having fun or communicating with members of the opposite sex. Undoubtedly none of them woud even own a yellow umbrella. It's a wonder that they would be even allowed to have different hair colours or to wear clothing which is not basic army stock !!!

Me: Come to China and see for yourself. You are like a frog in the well.

You: Hard boiled egg is also an egg..." but it's hard to make an omelette from it and you still have to break the shell sometime.

Me: Why should I eat only omelette. I prefer hard-boiled egg. After all, I still get to eat an egg. Are you implying that the only correct way to eat an egg is omelette? Are you brainwashing me? You are also a victim of propaganda. If you continue to see things only from your perspective, there can never be a solution to anything except confrontation, aggression, and violence.

You: Human rights activists are critical of many countries around the world, some of democratic persuasion, some otherwise. China need not to have a chip on its shoulder for being focussed upon for its problems in this area but your admission the fact that China is not amongst this "once size fits all" democratic mould does not absolve it of human rights deficiences as its own government has readily admitted. The clampdown on freedom of expression and association evinced by the HK demonstrations would be a good example of this.

Me: Human rights is not a simple black and white matter. One man's meat is another man's poison. I believe in humane treatment for all human beings but the "human rights movement" is not just about that. It is also a political tool used by some. The "clampdown" had to be done because the protest had stretched for months and people in Hong Kong, including the government have tried to persuade the students to go through the proper channels without success. What would any government have done? In some countries, this kind of protest wouldn't even survive a day, and the students would all be locked up without trial. This did not happen in Hong Kong.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-7-27 12:34:49 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2015-7-21 21:45
How nice.

Prosecutions have a 100% record.

They must be very good

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-27 12:36:36 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2015-7-22 04:55
I didn't see a "Dusty1" post in this thread. Only "HailChina!" made a remark about corruption in A ...

Hail China is one of your friends and yet you think he is my ghost are you on drugs because nobody could be that s tupid

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-27 12:36:54 |Display all floors
V

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-27 12:37:41 |Display all floors
canadian45 Post time: 2015-7-22 06:21
Corrupt offticials are inevitable, because most politicians go into politics primarily for their own ...

Corruption is a byproduct of money and power

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.