Author: SherrySongSHSF

Ling's arrest a vital lesson for officials   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-7-31 14:31:49 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2015-7-21 20:56
Corrupt officials need to be found and removed regardless of their position. This doesn't just apply ...

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-7-31 14:34:16 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2015-7-22 04:55
I didn't see a "Dusty1" post in this thread. Only "HailChina!" made a remark about corruption in A ...

Hailchina is one of your friends in this forum by your logic I am your friend, not likely

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-31 17:43:49 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2015-7-31 11:43
I think you are not being honest here. I know for sure that "communism" is a dirty word in the wes ...

A few more points, starting with your ludicrous conclusion: "the negative aspects of the freedom of speech". So what do you want instead, mindless sycophants who chant indoctrinated slogans borrowed from a little red book ? The brays of the masses who are incapabale of individual thought or criticism due to the propaganda that has brainwashed them into resembling happy little vegetables ? Freedom of speech is fine so long as it agrees with the party line, that's your argument. How does the arrest of Mr. Ling for corruption as this blog began fit into that tiny little box ?

The HK government under British rule was indeed not democratically elected but did I say that it was ? I mentioned that it had a record of "excellent governance" which in fact was not Chinese but obviously British, a nation which has a long history of democratic parliaments. I don't "insist" upon anything as I haven't been - according to you - brainwashed to believe that any form of political governance is perfect, even the so called home of democracy in ancient Greece contained many flaws and weaknesses. If you accuse me of being "seriously indoctrinated" then I don't see why the compliment can't be returned to yourself particularly as you appear to have a paranoid view that everyone hates Communism and that it is a "dirty word".

If this was indeed the case then I would not have bothered to stay in China for many years as I would have been expecting nasty little red devils to jump out from under the bed to attack me at any time. It is also a fact that Communist parties are allowed to operate in many countries around the world, some of them western ones e.g. France, Italy, Brazil, Chile, Greece, Peru, Australia, Venezuela, Denmark, Argentina, Germany, India, Ireland. Why don't all of these countries cleanse themselves of the "dirty" communist menace if the people feel it is such an evil threat to them ?

You yourself admit the contiguity of a "one-size fits all" approach with the "one party ( i.e. communist ) fits all" approach to the rule of China. Outside of this "one" there is no number two. To repeat for the umpteenth time, this single / one / sole type of political control is at odds with the diversity of opinion and voting choices which are allowed under even the most feeble form of democracy and which the protesters of Hong Kong are actively pursuing in the face of stolid resistance from "one-size fits all" Beijing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-1 10:26:09 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2015-7-31 17:43
A few more points, starting with your ludicrous conclusion: "the negative aspects of the freedom o ...

We can argue till the cow comes home but I think it is a waste of time here. You are not able to see others' point of view. Like I said, you have been brainwashed seriously and it is difficult to come out of this mess. China has changed a lot but you have failed to see that even though you have claimed to stay in China for many years. That's because your prejudice has blinded you. Furthermore, after 1997, did Hong Kong fare badly? I am done here.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-8-1 10:33:28 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-8-1 10:47:40 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-1 10:56:26 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.