Views: 9196|Replies: 101

Cellphone Addicts A Public Nuisance!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-6-25 12:51:19 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2015-6-25 14:21

The cellphone brings a lot of convenience and enjoyment to millions of Chinese.  There are all sorts of apps to satisfy the demands of everyone.  China has the world's largest number of cellphone users, and unfortunately, also the largest number of inconsiderate ones!
The cellphone in the hands of inconsiderate users becomes a liability to society, not an asset, and such users are a public nuisance!
Anyone who has ever taken public transport in China would have experienced the inconvenience brought about by cellphones addicts! The Chinese even have a term for them, 'di tou' or 'head bent down'!
The addct, pre-occupied with his program on the cellphone, walks extremely slowly, oblivious to crowd rushing in and out of the subway.  Woe betide if you happen to walk behind a cellphone addict. He could ruin your day by delaying you, causing you to miss your train to an important appointment!  And you can't get past him, even if you tried, because of the crowd. So, with no choice, you have to follow him at his slow pace. How frustrating. You wish you could push him aside and let all pass, but that would be too impolite.  Or is it?  Do such inconsiderate people deserve any politeness?
Everyone knows that the subway train doors close very quickly, and if you are not fast enough, you are either locked in or out, depending on which way you are going.  You either miss you train or miss your destination if a cellphone addict happens to be in front of you!
And that's not all, when an addict finally reaches the escalator, he stops there momentarily instead of hopping on to it, enjoying his favorite program, while holding up a line of people! Those few moments that he stops means a lot to people behind him who are in a hurry!
On a humorous note, I have actually seen a cellphone addict bumped into a pillar in the station before changing course!  
And cellphone addicts seated below the sign which says to 'give seat to those in need', ignore the elderlies, the disabled, the pregnant, and women with children in arms standing right in front of them.

The inconsiderate cellphone users also annoy others in public when they scream loudly into their cellphones when having a conversation!  They blast your eardrums if you happen to stand near them, and often the train or bus is too crowded for you to move away from them!
Cellphone users should be educated on the considerate and courteous way to use their devices in public!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-25 14:57:12 |Display all floors
Mainland users are much more accommodating I must say.
Hong Kong is the worst I seen anywhere.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-25 14:58:53 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2015-6-25 14:57
Mainland users are much more accommodating I must say.
Hong Kong is the worst I seen anywhere.

Mainlanders more accomodating? How do you mean? They stand aside and let you pass?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-6-25 15:22:11 |Display all floors
even worse are those with headphones attached to their mobile and are oblivious to even the sounds around them

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-25 15:32:13 |Display all floors
Cellphone addicts are all over the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-25 15:34:29 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2015-6-25 14:58
Mainlanders more accomodating? How do you mean? They stand aside and let you pass?

Youngsters from Mainland do better than Hong Kong people for "give a seat to those in need"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-25 16:07:55 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2015-6-25 16:28
clever_things Post time: 2015-6-25 15:34
Youngsters from Mainland do better than Hong Kong people for "give a seat to those in need"

My observations on both sides tell me they are the same in ignoring those who need a seat.  Perhaps you happen to be at the right time and the right place and saw what you said. I have seen too many who couldn't care less! Puting what you saw, and what I saw, the net result is, there are more ignoring those who need a seat badly, on both sides!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.