Views: 1486|Replies: 13

German fashion brand under fire for racist slur on Chinese [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-6-15 17:23:54 |Display all floors
Demonstrators collect signatures in protest against Philipp Plein's racist slur in Germany back in 2007.[Photo/weibo]

German's fashion company Philipp Plein is under fire on the Internet in China for its racist history as the brand looks at expanding its business in the country.
The fashion brand opened an official account at Beijing-based social media Sina Weibo in August to help its marketing t ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-15 17:23:55 |Display all floors
Why are Chinese complaining about Plein stepping in to the the Chinese market years after they have been here. As for the words on the t-shirt...
I no more believe Plein's explanation as I would believe the person living next door to me is a disguised alien refugee from the planet Vulcan.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-15 17:43:39 |Display all floors
this is from 2007
why is it being highlighted now?

This has been long over and forgotten, so why is it being resurrected ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-15 21:00:34 |Display all floors
There should be a law to control this kind of potentially harmful materials. China should have a department for this. So that all the materials will be scurtinzied. Only materials that passed will be allowed to be sold in China. Hence,China must thank this incident. It helps China to understand the evil deeds of others.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-15 22:36:12 |Display all floors
Well..... that's one brand I will definitely boycott for sure, but to ban the entire boutique just because one staff member in the chain seems racist, seems rather extreme.

Still, they should submit a formal apology for such remarks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-16 06:04:16 |Display all floors
2007, never had he ever think that China will be a powerhouse then. These people should not be allow to even set foot on Chinese soil. So he now say its a controversial design, let see he design and print one that say " f**k you, Germany" and let him explain to the German people.

Never underestimate China ability and the best is yet to come. When China open up to the world many do not see the potential in it except for one small country that sits in the middle of South East Asia in the 70s. Those beside China expected it to breakdown into small states eventually but the leadership prevail to bring hold the country to what is now. Chinese should hold that bond and work on it to pass it to the next generation.

Never allow that person that uses fowl lauguage to ever enter or do business in China, apology or not. CHINA HAS ITS PRIDE, TOO.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-16 11:08:19 |Display all floors
Though I am not from China, I hope the Chinese united solidly to boycott all the products and shops from this racist.  Spread the messages to every corner of China.  Boycott!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.