Views: 4165|Replies: 37

"HOW CAN I TELL HER ABOUT YOU?" - THE AQUINO DILEMMA. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-6-3 18:52:09 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2015-6-3 18:58

There used to be a song that was popular in the 1970's called "How Can I Tell Her About You?"

It goes something like this . . .

"How can I tell her about you?
Girl, please tell me what to do
Everything seems right whenever I'm with you
So girl, won't you tell me
how to tell her about you [the bewitching fantasy of a "Freedom Land" that does not really belong to the Philippines]

How can I tell her I don't miss her [the day-to-day, down-to-earth sovereignty of the real Philippine motherland]
whenever I am away
How can I say it's you I think of
every single night and day
But when is it easy telling someone the truth
Oh girl, help me tell her about you."

It encapsulates the present dilemma of the Philippine government in telling the Filipino people the truth about how it came to claim Spratly Islands as its sovereign territory, quite belatedly, in 1956, on the strength (or weakness) of the assertion of a Mr. Tomas Cloma that he "discovered" those islands, and that they belonged to nobody before he found them.

Of course, his claim is mistaken, grossly mistaken, as these islands have been taken over from China by the Japanese in 1939, and returned to China in 1945, and the Republic of China had physically planted a Chinese flag on the main island of the Spratly Group in 1946, and after it was uprooted by Mr. Tomas, replanted it in 1956 and even built a garrison on that Island, called Taiping in Chinese, and Itu Aba in Japanese.

After waxing poetic, heroic, and even romantic about it, the real dilemma of the Philippine govenment that is using this fake "sovereignty" issue to sell out its bases, its true sovereignty, and its real territory to the highest colonial bidder, is how can it tell the Filipino people about MR. TOMAS?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-6-3 19:20:35 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-7 12:53:50 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-6-3 19:20
Hmmm… Madam CHina is in a much more embarrassing quandary … not just about dubious claims to isl ...

The Philippine claim to the Spratly Islands, fundamentally, is bogus, based on the claim of their "discovery" by a latercomer, who even tried to get rid of the flag of the Republic of China (Taiwan) that he found already planted on Itu Aba, to make his "discovery" authentic.  Thus, it can be seen that the Spratly Islands were claimed and owned by the non-Communist China and now by the Communist China, and in short, belongs to China, irregardless of whether the government is communist or not communist.  And therefore, all the journalists who keep harping that the claim of Chinese sovereignty over the Spratly Islands is a "Communist Expansionist Plot" need to have their heads examined for paranoid schizophrenia.  They cannot accept reality, due to their own pathological greed and propensity to lie, that they have to concoct a "Communist Threat" or "China Threat" to mislead their own people and the people of the world, when in fact, those islands have always belonged to China, even before the founding of the PRC, their convenient bogeyman, if only to hide their greed and violent tendencies when seeing wealth in the territories of other countries.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-8 17:56:28 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2015-6-8 18:06

So far, Aquino has not yet told the Philippine people about "Mr. Tomas".  Would anyone please help tell him what to do?  How can he tell her about "you"?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-6-9 13:40:05 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-9 13:40:50 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-10 00:20:53 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2015-6-10 00:24
seneca Post time: 2015-6-9 13:40
Now the Chinese even seek confrontation with Malaysia off Borneo…

When will they claim the Falk ...

AN VERY UNDIPLOMATIC PROTEST THAT MERITS A COMMENT

The Malaysian side knew very well that the Chinese coast guard vessel was out of bounds, and there is no need to emphasize the fact that he is out of bounds, as if every Chinese vessel everywhere in the South China Sea is out of bounds.  He can file a diplomatic protest to the Chinese MOFA, but is there a need to announce it to the whole world?  If this is not racism, what is it?

It is like someone shouting, on seeing a Chinese trespassing on his backyard, "Chinese thief!", and using a megaphone to let the whole neighborhood hear it.  When neighbors look out, and see another Chinese innocently walking by on the sidewalk, he would think that is the "Chinese thief".  And so would the storekeeper attending to a Chinese customer think "Is he the Chinese thief?".  

And thus, the damage caused to all the Chinese by the Malaysian brouhaha, is far greater than the damage this single wayward Chinese ship had done to the whole of Malaysia.  What if all the rest of the Chinese people besmirched by this thief alarm were to shout back, "Malaysian Liar"?  It would be fair, but would all Malaysians like that either?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.