Views: 6975|Replies: 14

Why so many anglophobic threads in an English forum?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-5-27 08:53:34 |Display all floors
Why would a person who hates the English so much spend so much time on an English forum?
I'm not asking the question to judge, but rather out of genuine curiosity. I would imagine that an anglophobe would rather participate in any other forum before choosing to participate in an English one. At first glance at least, to participate in an English forum as an anglophobe would be s little like forcing yourself to eat smelly tofu when you dislike it, would it not?

Would an anglophobe not feel happier by just ignoring English forums altogether?

It just mystifies me.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-5-27 12:23:26 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2015-5-27 14:25

Why would one be surprised?  English (the language ) is different from The English  (people ) and many may have different things that they feel about or to write about the two. We can also see a lot of Sinophobes and Sinophobes posts  on a Chinese forum, more than the number of Anglophobic posts in an English western forum. Is anyone surprised?
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2015-5-27 12:40:45 |Display all floors
An even more perplexing question is why so many posters on this forum who constantly denigrate China and
the Chinese people claim they live in China.

Why on earth would someone who hates everything about China decide to pull up root and move to China?
And yet these same buffoons get angry when you point out that they obviously have never been to China.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-27 14:51:42 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2015-5-27 06:40
An even more perplexing question is why so many posters on this forum who constantly denigrate China ...

Says a man who hates America, American way of life and yet lives there. A man who loves China and Chinese food so much that he eats at McDonalds every time he goes to China. He also hates McDonalds and everything it stands for except the burgers.

This man is very strange.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-27 22:22:43 |Display all floors
Most of the threads are from the same five people.  The mods protect the anglophiles posts an delete any posts that disagrees with the western hate squad.    The constant "pending approvals" an then deletion of any posts that dont take a anti-western stance drives away moderate people.  The forums are then left with the same type of people posting the same topics over an over.   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-27 22:37:31 |Display all floors
mixamixa Post time: 2015-5-27 14:51
Says a man who hates America, American way of life and yet lives there. A man who loves China and  ...

Only part of your statement is true about Robert! McDonald's doesn't take food stamps.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-28 04:36:27 |Display all floors
I understand many of the "Anglophobes" are reacting to US policies, not English people. And let us remember that the English subjected many to their Empire until they had to give (most of) it up because WW II made them too poor to maintain it. I no longer feel insulted by them. KIyer opened my eyes.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.