Views: 2204|Replies: 9

Is it appropriate to encourgae kid to study by money [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-5-6 22:10:24 |Display all floors
For encouraging his son to study more harder than before, his father sent 100RMB to his son`s teacher and hope the teacher could reward it to his son in teachers name. moreover, his son is not a innocent kid but a sophomore students in college. If say something that the boy was a little kid studyed in kindergarten, maybe this kind of method is available to regard as a driving-power pushing him front, but the fact is not what we though, my friends, how do u look upon the fathers` action? As for my part, I am not in favor of his behavior. I also experienced same situation that  was happened in my little sister, sometimes, my uncle would also take the way of using money to induce his daughter to  study, usually, my uncle would make a promise before my young sister as long as she can obtain high score in exam and ranked the top, her pocket money would be doubled than her previous days. To tell the truth, I do not think it was an adoptable measures that was taken to inspire kids spirit to study especially during their childhood.  which would easily lead to a opposite function, kids would form another consciousness that without any rewards as a compensation of their effort, maybe they scarcely pay all attention on the thing that matters their ownselves. no sooner, a sense of ultilitarianism can be detected in their daily behavior. which is not a favorable characters. my friends, what is ur opinion?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-7 20:45:53 |Display all floors
Rewarding a child for his/her hard work is obviously not something bad. Does it have to be money? Not necessarily but instilling a spirit of hard work in your kid right from childhood could go a long way to help   him/her later in life. It is all about how you build the foundation. (I don't have a kid though so I am just making some assumptions)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-7 21:59:06 |Display all floors
rkn Post time: 2015-5-7 20:45
Rewarding a child for his/her hard work is obviously not something bad. Does it have to be money? No ...

Yeah, what the father conducted would instil a concept into kid`s mind that money is very easily to acquire. from the short run, this kind of apporach would bring enormous motive power to kid`s study, however, as time flew, kids easily become more and more dependent to the special reward of money no matter what kind of matters they work as.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-7 22:32:27 |Display all floors
Your point sounds logical but a smarter kid should figure out the reason why his father does that. Besides it doesn't always have to be money. Could be a trip to a special place or a pardon. I doubt if any responsible father will fancy spoiling their child.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-7 22:34:12 |Display all floors
This post was edited by rkn at 2015-5-7 22:34

his child.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-8 14:04:01 |Display all floors
Mugy Post time: 2015-5-7 21:59
Yeah, what the father conducted would instil a concept into kid`s mind that money is very easily t ...

I don't think the money is easy to earn.
If the kid is good at learning, the parents would not use money to stimulate the studying at all.
So if the kid is not good at learning, it will take much hardwork to get the money, then  the kids might learn the hardship of earning money!
But I think it is not applicable for the sophomore or even high schood students which will be too weird.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-8 14:04:51 |Display all floors
Mugy Post time: 2015-5-7 21:59
Yeah, what the father conducted would instil a concept into kid`s mind that money is very easily t ...

I don't think the money is easy to earn.
If the kid is good at learning, the parents would not use money to stimulate the studying at all.
So if the kid is not good at learning, it will take much hardwork to get the money, then  the kids might learn the hardship of earning money!
But I think it is not applicable for the sophomore or even high schood students which will be too weird.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.