Author: 1584austin

Welcome back Seneca,   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-4-30 07:02:41 |Display all floors
1584austin

Glod Medal Medal of honor 2012's Best Moderator  Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal
Drop aroundAdd friendsSay helloMessage       
Express liftJump to the specified floor 1#
Post time Yesterday 04:36 |View the author only |View in reverse order

It cost me and Ratfink 40,000 credits each to get you back

Please be a good boy in future

Credits are not easy to come by these days

Ratfink

Glod Medal Medal of honor Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 May's Best Writer 2012
Drop aroundAdd friendsSay helloMessage       
3#
Post time Yesterday 15:00 |View the author only

Yeah a lot of credits were exchanged. So seneca no more anti china bashing, behave or I will call the dogs in.

Going by Austin's statement, it would mean that one can trade in credits to violate forum rules.
Going by Ratfink's statement, it would mean that CD tries to censor anti-China statements from Seneca and that is the reason for his ban. Which can be overturned by influence peddling!

This would imply CD mods and voice_CD can be bought off cheap! Not a good image for CD. Sullies their reputation among users who might believe that rules and laws will prevail.

It is one thing for voice_CD to impose a ban or revoke a ban on a member, but that issue should be private between voice_CD and the member. Making it a public issue with bartering and using personal influence to imply corruptibility of the forum moderators and voice_CD is disappointing. It is more so that moderators themselves are doing and publicizing this!

Many of the offenders are always using every opportunity to bash China and CD as corrupt and crooked.  This issue would certainly provide enough evidence to prove they have a point. But I suppose it is OK when it benefits someone who they want or like. I would term it hypocrisy, but then it is common.

Look at the thread 'Welcome Back, Seneca' in the 'Talk to China Daily' section of the BBS.
The member himself, in his return message says he saw a ban after calling another member Petera a name. This would appear normal and OK.

But the moderators who supposedly peddled their influence and 'brought him back' post a message asking him NOT to bash China in the future!!  This is the worst type of confirmation of censorship and the implies the worst type of censorship in China Daily, that I have never witnessed, going by all that they do allow!! This statement of the moderator undermines the credibility of CD, confirms the worst kind of censorship. More than the anti-China statements of any post, this statement does more damage to the reputation of China and China Daily than anything else I have seen. Strangely it is being done by CD moderators themselves!!

I never have a problem with members like Seneca or anyone 'bashing' or falsely making statements against China, unless they are against the law. The others have to learn to deal with or accept a different point of view from their own. No issue with it. Calling names is against the rules for which an appropriate penalty can be given.

It is not that these do not happen in Western media. But they are smart, professional and savvy enough to peddle influence without such blatant display of it.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2015-4-30 07:03:00 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2015-4-29 06:46
i wonder how many people would protest to reverse your life ban. You know the the answer

There are many more successfully indoctrinated stooges of western propaganda on this English forum, it's true.
This forum is a showcase of pathetic cases of western indoctrination for the amusement of the Chinese people.
But there are a few of us, myself included, who have a mind of their own despite the years of
forced indoctrination in western schools. Too bad you aren't one of us.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-4-30 07:39:02 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2015-4-30 07:03
There are many more successfully indoctrinated stooges of western propaganda on this English forum ...

Thank god I'm not like you, I watch the sunrise and sunset each day, I count my blessings I live in a country that is clean, ou can breath the air with minimum pollution. Laws are enforced and respected. The police can be trusted and our society is nearly gun free and we resist all efforts to relax our gun laws.
I will never be like you, I believe in a compassionate  society where the poor should be helped and giving them oppunities that are denied to them by people like you to give an opportunity to return positive attitude to society.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-4-30 07:39:29 |Display all floors
Dam filter

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-30 08:25:41 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2015-4-30 07:02
Going by Austin's statement, it would mean that one can trade in credits to violate forum rules. ...
It is not that these do not happen in Western media. But they are smart, professional and savvy enough to peddle influence without such blatant display of it.

In the Western media, it's called advertising.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-4-30 08:38:51 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2015-4-30 10:25
In the Western media, it's called advertising.

this is not advertising - this is a clear undermining of the very organization one works for. People get fired in the West for even inadvertently doing so. Anyone who puts out real or imagined information about their organisation being corrupt is dismissed real soon. If the information happens to be false, in the Western or smarter nations, they can be sued for bringing their employer into disrepute.

CD comes across as large unmanaged or mismanaged in this issue. It is not a good look for them or their reputation. The very people who benefit from such influence peddling will use the very same incident to further bash CD or China. Its called chutzpah!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2015-4-30 09:06:15 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2015-4-29 15:39
Thank god I'm not like you, I watch the sunrise and sunset each day, I count my blessings I live i ...

Thanks for proving my point.
Now go eat your Cheerios and thank your God that you can serve the rich capitalist owners of your country. Your speech would even make the other stooges blush with embarrassment.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.