Views: 528|Replies: 5

Students' wild, unchecked behavior can lead to tragedy [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-4-25 13:09:03 |Display all floors
A certain population in the US — young international students from China — has been expanding at a phenomenal pace in recent years. Often vulnerable, immature and still in the process of learning how to take care of themselves, these adolescents frequently require continual attention and help in many matters — especially when it comes to staying physically safe and emotionally adjusted.

I ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-25 13:09:14 |Display all floors
Yi Bing, a media critic in the Bay Area recon she or he can't help but wonder what kind of juvenile education they received from their family and early schools.  I can say with confidence they where polite and good kids before they left China and became hostile in their new enviroment.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-25 16:53:52 |Display all floors
Parents are some degree to blame for students inability to cope on their own while in university.
the teen years are about learning how to be responsible for yourself and take control of your life, but Chinese parents control upwards of 90% of their time during middle and high school pressurising them to succeed in exams without any time for personal development and growth.
The number of times I encountered University students who ran home to their families if the had a sniffle rather than taking responsibility and behave like adults.
20 something year olds even brought fluffy toys to class! I told them it was not appropriate as it was not a playground.
if you infantilise your child during adolescence, of course they have not matured by the time they are in university.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-26 08:03:34 |Display all floors
Spoilt children grow up into spoilt adolescents. Parents are to blame.
I agree that many parents spoil their only child.
China needs to toughen up these kids.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-28 21:22:27 |Display all floors
Students in China do also  plagiarize and not all obey traffic laws I suppose. But it's not reported... duh.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-29 04:47:18 |Display all floors
I don't think this has anything to do with the fact that the students are in the US except perhaps having more freedoms they are not used to having.  Chinese students have been coming to the US for decades and it is only recently that this phenomenon of "hoolaganism" has been observed in Chinese students.  

It probably mostly has to do with their wealth and their belief that they are entitled and that their parents will come rescue them if they get into trouble......

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.