Author: UYA

Why I believe in China   [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2015-3-30 13:52:55 |Display all floors
QuatreVingtSept Post time: 2015-3-29 14:46
Why shouldn't I? If you are American, as you claim, racism it's the only thing that would explain  ...

I'm glad you can admit there are problems in the US, just as I admit there are problems in China.

Still don't see the connection with race and it is unfair to accuse me of being that way.

Not living in China does show how much you don't know. I enjoy more freedoms here than in the States. The police here don't bother you unless you are making trouble. In the States you have cops pulling you over for anything. Believe the kool aid the western press and government tells you and further discussions are mute.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-30 15:08:10 |Display all floors
The people who carp the most about human rights in China are those who have violated it the most in the past, or intend to do so, in the future, and find its unity, power, and prosperity, threats to their ill intentions.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-30 20:20:21 |Display all floors
My first visit to China was in 2000. I visited Beijing and Shenzen and vividly remember the Forbidden City and Great Wall. I loved the colorful architecture but admittedly I was too young to appreciate the history behind it. I remember the food, sua yang rou (lamb hotpot) in Shenzen and overall the Chinese hospitality to guests like me and my family. I was also quite surprised by the 'toilet' habit (where some women do not close the doors when relieving themselves). Having said that i try not to judge the people as there are no perfect citizens in any country. Now in 2015 I am visiting China again in Shanghai and soon Beijing. I am already impressed with her improvement....modern architecture, fusion cuisine, Chinese youth gaining overseas exposure, seamless organization of international sports events like the Olympics, and world class China-made innovation like Alibaba & Wechat & Xiaomi. True, there are still kinks within the system, certain lousy social habits still exist and there are substandard products/vendors that have gained bad publicity internationally. But which country dare to say it is problem free? Even developed nations face first world problems let alone a developing gigantic of a nation like China. I have utmost respect for those genuine statesmen who really are rejuvenating China bit by bit. As a Chinese, I am proud of my motherland and may this Asian century pave way for world peace, development and mutually beneficial relationships.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-31 01:47:06 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-31 08:13:14 |Display all floors
I believe in China because I believe in her people. Her people have gone through countless of civil wars, revolution, famine, foreign attacks.....and has grown so much and became strong, hardworking and resilient people. Chinese people are one of the most resilient people i have ever met, and make the best long lasting friends. Being a Chinese diaspora sometimes i get weird looks when I speak in my 'broken' Mandarin but i am determined to improve. Can you help me? :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-31 10:44:48 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-31 13:10:26 |Display all floors
不想到。。。。
龙章凤函,译者天下!

龙译网 http://www.lywyl.com

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.