Author: UYA

Why I believe in China   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-4-8 10:03:16 |Display all floors
UYA doesn't sound racist to me...America really does have a bad reputation nowadays....but maybe materialism is the least of your problems....if you want to look for anti-American sentiments, you'll find them more in European countries than in China...

But I believe in humanity...I think that rather than put any one country down, I think we are going to have to learn to work together, because we have to share the planet...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-8 10:14:00 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2015-4-8 09:43
It has not about the people, but the "system".
I'm not a "hateful' person to be called a "racist". ...

I'm not a fan on comparing countries in the context of who is 'better than'.

The more I learn about other peoples in the world, the more I learn we are all more alike than different.

I truly believe that.

Nationalism is the tool that divides us as people.   And all those US policies that you hate....it just goes with the territory of being a super power.  China is already feeling it and has been demonized as colonizers in africa and so forth.

It won't be long before china's friends start demanding that China use their weight in their favor.  Its all a part of the 'game' unfortunately.  I don't think China can stay immune from 'interfering' forever.  When you are in a position of power and money, it lends itself to other problems.  Friends will expect 'help'.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-8 10:21:23 |Display all floors
And this is a Chinese forum....I hardly see any praises of Chinese people on here....even the Chinese keep bashing their own...if it weren't for UYA, we would hardly hear anything positive about China or Chinese people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-8 10:28:59 |Display all floors
skater7 Post time: 2015-4-8 10:21
And this is a Chinese forum....I hardly see any praises of Chinese people on here....even the Chines ...

And again, as a product of how I was raised, I can't help seeing that statement as 'racist' or 'nationalistic' at the least.

On american forums, those who 'sing the praises of the US' are rabid, arrogant nationalists.  

So its hard for me to encourage that kind of behavior.  

I would love to see more positive things about China, but not for the purpose of nationalism or to prove some point.  We're not in a contest.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2015-4-8 14:13:33 |Display all floors
This post was edited by UYA at 2015-4-8 14:47
skater7 Post time: 2015-4-8 10:03
UYA doesn't sound racist to me...America really does have a bad reputation nowadays....but maybe mat ...

There you go, well said

To me the thought that mankind "owns" the world is absurd.
As human beings, we have the obligation to care for the planet.
Where would we be without plants and animals?
Native Americans and Hawaiians (where I'm from) could not comprehend ownership of land (it was brought to them from missionaries). They believed that the land belongs to everyone and our existence depends on all life within.

It is those who embrace ownership are the very one's who have made the world for the worst and who have brought out the darkest part of humanity.
How hard would it be to cooperate and sustain all life?
Put an absolute end to poverty and war.
Doing so would bring out the best in people and change the dianamics of our relationships between us for the better.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2015-4-8 14:25:14 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2015-4-8 10:14
I'm not a fan on comparing countries in the context of who is 'better than'.

The more I learn abo ...

Given the population of China....
It is a wonder how it has been able to maintain its need to not to expand over neighbors and the world.

It is NOT my intention to promote nationalism or hate in this thread.
Pointing out faults does not mean we should dispise one another.
All I could hope for is that another power in the world (China) set an example of good for other nations to follow. China is NOT there (yet), but if the government can clean up its act......
what wonders could be accomplished.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-8 16:21:05 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2015-4-8 10:28
And again, as a product of how I was raised, I can't help seeing that statement as 'racist' or 'na ...

You're rather negative about China too...I didn't mean sing praises of China but just to say positive things about China...be optimistic about China...why not?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.