Views: 2448|Replies: 9

Seventy years of selective postwar history[1]|chinadaily.com.cn [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-3-12 10:42:28 |Display all floors
Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel (L) and Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe attend their joint news conference after talks at Abe's official residence in Tokyo, March 9, 2015. [Photo/Agencies]

In her movingly beautiful novel dealing with Japan from the mid-1930s to the mid-1960s, The Gods of Heavenly Punishment, author Jennifer Cody Epstein describes how people tended to divide life between ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-12 10:42:29 |Display all floors
I am glad Germany has spoken out but to ask the victim nations to cooperate to achieve resolution is a little depart from reality.
China and other victim nations have bent backwards to appease Japan except when the lies from Abe have become too outrageous.
What would Germany's victim nations do if the chancellor builds a shrine for Hitler and fellow Nazis and goes to pay respect regularly?
China and other victims nations have put up with tremendous insult from Japan and endure great pain with Japan's rubbing salt on their old wounds frequently .
The victim nations of Japan have done too much in trying to achieve peace.
Japan is solely responsible for the renewed tension with its total denial of real history and adding salt to old wounds inflicted on them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-12 11:50:58 |Display all floors
Ask any American and they will tell you the US defeated Japan with two nuclear bombs and saved China.

Ask them about Vietnam and Korea and they will say they were resounding victories for the invincible US military.

Ask them where Washington DC is and 60|% will not have a clue.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-12 22:29:02 |Display all floors
MisterZhu Post time: 2015-3-12 11:50
Ask any American and they will tell you the US defeated Japan with two nuclear bombs and saved China ...

Ask MisterZhu anything an he will change the subject to the  USA.  Thats how awsome the USA is.  Even someone that hates her cant stop talking about her.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-13 05:49:21 |Display all floors
After such a long eeire silence, it is good to hear some very mild criticism of Nazi's ally by German Chancellor Merkel.
I guess Abe's rewrite of history has become such fantastic grim fairy tale which really offends people with the least sense of history.
But I have no delusion that Abe will be susceptible to any good advice as he has to maintain a grim fairy tale to satisfy his image of Japan.
China is easily appeased and anytime Japan has showed a little realistic attitude, China goes into elation.
All the half-hearted apologies and then the later denials of its war crimes by Japan are like cat teasing the mouse it plans to pounce on again.
When Japan wants to become a barbaric again, no one can stop it except for lethal weapons.
And I hope China will not forget that. No one will come to your aid but your own strength and weapons.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-13 05:50:39 |Display all floors
After such a long eeire silence, it is good to hear some very mild criticism of Nazi's ally by German Chancellor Merkel.
I guess Abe's rewrite of history has become such fantastic grim fairy tale which really offends people with the least sense of history.
But I have no delusion that Abe will be susceptible to any good advice as he has to maintain a grim fairy tale to satisfy his image of Japan.
China is easily appeased and anytime Japan has showed a little realistic attitude, China goes into elation.
All the half-hearted apologies and then the later denials of its war crimes by Japan are like cat teasing the mouse it plans to pounce on again.
When Japan wants to become a barbaric again, no one can stop it except for lethal weapons.
And I hope China will not forget that. No one will come to your aid but your own strength and weapons.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-13 09:47:40 |Display all floors
Incedius420 Post time: 2015-3-12 22:29
Ask MisterZhu anything an he will change the subject to the  USA.  Thats how awsome the USA is.  E ...

Care to mention any major conflict in the last one hundred years that did not involve the US?
Generous treatment of captured enemy troops.
Death to those that choose to fight.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.