Author: dragon8

Gaddafi’s True Crime   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-3-12 07:09:33 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-3-11 17:53
Were you miraculously privy to the goings-on in Ghadafi's Libyan courthouses and police stations ...

I know people who spent many years living and working there and for all its faults Libya was not the place our media describe.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-12 07:43:04 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2015-3-12 07:09
I know people who spent many years living and working there and for all its faults Libya was not t ...

Undoubtedly much worse, but "our media" can often be lenient.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-12 09:54:59 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2015-3-11 15:43
No, you didn't specifically say that you agreed with their objections, or that you favoured wester ...

We all "jump the gun" when blogging! Have a good day!
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-12 12:43:41 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2015-3-10 17:46
have known people who have lived and worked in Libya during Gaddafi's time and been there.

So wha ...

Is that how the population of China doubled under Maos rule? According to Western propaganda China was never going to succeed under the CCP. Now we have 1.5 billion Chinese laughing at the brainwashed serfs of the Western world.  
Generous treatment of captured enemy troops.
Death to those that choose to fight.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-12 14:13:21 |Display all floors
MisterZhu Post time: 2015-3-12 12:43
Is that how the population of China doubled under Maos rule? According to Western propaganda China ...

Sure you have 1.5 billion Chinese people but I'm not sure if all of them are laughing. There must be quite a few million who are still very, very poor or are you going to deny that.

Any reasonable Chinese person will admit to you that the country's huge population is its biggest problem. It surfaces in so many aspects of people's day-to-day lives from having a job with fair pay, to competing with huge streams of traffic, to congested, high-rise apartment buildings, jam-packed kindergartens and classrooms, and over crowded streets and shopping centres. Go to almost any Chinese hospital to see how much people enjoy standing in long queues and waiting for medical services to see how much they appreciate all of their comrades pushing shoulder to shoulder for attention.

Another obvious fact is that until very recently the Chinese Government has tried to strictly enforce its one child policy. It would not have attempted to place such a severe limit on average people's family structures if the size of the population was more amenable. And I'm sure that you would have also noticed over the past few weeks the annual "mass migration" of hundreds of millions of Chinese away from major cities to return to their hometowns and more rural areas. This repeated dislocation of the population over the Spring Festival is another indicator of the problems associated with a burdensome population.

And if you want to go on holiday anywhere in China during the time of a national holiday, you are guaranteed to meet up with what seems like half the population of the country !

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-3-12 14:45:15 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-3-12 03:31
Che Guevara?

I doubt Kryer has ever read this name...

your doubts and certainties, are both usually misplaced as in this case.

and talking to your own ghost is a more kooky than spooky...
We are all waiting for the moment your ghost compliments you as an 'intellectual giANT' as one of your old ones did...
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-12 14:50:40 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2015-3-12 07:43
Undoubtedly much worse, but "our media" can often be lenient.

You seem so convinced and so imbued with Western arrogance to accept that others may come up with alternative working models of government.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.