Author: dragon8

Gaddafi’s True Crime   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-3-11 08:15:17 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2015-3-10 21:15
I don't think the Chinese and Russian objections to the form the Libyan intervention took meant th ...

"they were objecting at the precedent of intervening in the internal affairs of a sovereign state"

What, like Russia / USSR did when invading Afghanistan, The Crimea, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Croatia, Czechoslavakia, Hungary, Besserabia, Manchuria, Finland ? Like that or not like that ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-11 08:17:57 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2015-3-10 17:09
I have known people who have lived and worked in Libya during Gaddafi's time and been there. I  ...

Have a squiz at post #47 on this thread and get back to me.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-3-11 08:42:24 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2015-3-11 10:17
Have a squiz at post #47 on this thread and get back to me.

You should not quote propaganda, which is written by people like you. You should read the UN reports and documents presented by neutral parties, not wild allegations made by stooges, the ICCC included. Did you know the USA does not recognise its jurisdiction over its citizens? It is a Kangaroo court, even though it is not in Australia.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-11 09:46:40 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Newtown at 2015-3-11 09:47

"You should not quote propaganda"

I quoted nothing, I merely pointed you in the direction of another post about Colonel Gaddafi and the shocking legacy that he left for Libya. You don't want to discuss that but simply label it propaganda, which makes you as much a stooge as your mentor, Robert ( aka Robber ). As you form the two stooges together, you should be on the lookout for another to complete the trio.

Then you try to somehow link the recent history of Libya to the American recognition of ICCC and to the judicial system in Australia. How do these topics bear any real relevance to your first point about Colonel Muammar Gaddafi as a "matyr" and my first response that this resembles the fate of Muslim "matyrs" fighting for the terrorist organisation Islamic State ( ISIS ) ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-11 17:36:45 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-3-11 17:32
Thursday has come and gone, and nobody who is sane has acknowledged Muammar Ghadafi as a visionary ...

"Leftists posters" ? You mean the ones of Che Guevara wearing a beret and looking like a rebel with a cause ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-11 23:32:24 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2015-3-10 19:15
"they were objecting at the precedent of intervening in the internal affairs of a sovereign state" ...

Precisely! Did I say I agreed with their objections? I was in favour of all the western interventions. Just disappointed at their lack of effectiveness.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-12 04:43:01 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2015-3-11 23:32
Precisely! Did I say I agreed with their objections? I was in favour of all the western interventi ...

No, you didn't specifically say that you agreed with their objections, or that you favoured western intervention, or detail some of Russia's invasions of sovereign nations themselves. It's quite difficult to establish your viewpoint without this supporting comment to go with it, but kindly pardon me for "jumping the gun" if I filled in the impression which you intended.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.