Views: 1319|Replies: 6

My views on the Charlie Hebdo situation[1]- Chinadaily.com.cn [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-1-21 12:30:59 |Display all floors
Why only report on fun activities when I can jump into the fray about this volatile subject? Please share your thoughts with the perspective I present.

In polite company, and even in casual encounters, if someone tells you 'that hurts my feelings' or 'please don't, that offends me', generally we will apologize and not repeat the disturbing behavior. Not so Charlie Hebdo.

Did they not learn anyth ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-21 12:31:00 |Display all floors
good

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-29 15:43:53 |Display all floors
A very thoughful article by Teamkrejados. It touches me much that those whom has travelled and seen the world would come to understand and appreciate gaining respect by people regardless of its race, religion and culture. As I was born in Singapore, our nation has ZERO tolerance for jokes or mockery issue that would cause social impact on the people. There are several western publisher trying to influence democracy in here without consulting with our relevant government authority on the rights to publish, ended up paying hugh fines for defaming influential figure without any proof or evidence. Media is a sexy dancefloor for people to gain understanding of truth facts, not a pivotal point to inject toxic article to incite instability.
Frankly I urged many nation leader to look at how Singapore government manage racial and religious issues where people from all walks of life enjoy harmony and peacefulness so that the nation stays safe and keep its economy growing

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-2 09:31:25 |Display all floors
As long as there are at least two human beings on this earth, chauvinism will exist in the form of one-upmanship. This means someone will always be jockeying for better press than the "other".
In the case of the religions you mention, I think it's fair to say you understandably lament Islam's appearance on the stage to be targeted with rotten tomatoes and other garbage. Understandable, but regrettable. Regrettable, because you avoid mentioning that Christianity and Judaism have come up for their fair share of abuse, derision and ridicule, as should any belief proposing the nonsensical and barbaric views they do. That includes Islam. The Chinese observed two centuries ago that anyone who raises their voice in an argument has lost the argument. Likewise these and other religions, which stridently propose we accept their views "on faith", while availing themselves wholeheartedly of the boons and usufructs of societies built on religion's opposite: science. This is hypocrisy at its finest, yet unnoticed by most people.
I am entirely unsympathetic with religion. Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence. Otherwise, you are just another comedy act shuffling around on stage.
Attempts to restrain mockery and humor are attacks on scepticism. Friedrich Nietzsche once remarked that 'Joyous distrust is a sign of health. Everything absolute belongs to pathology.’
These are the words I live by and consider all who sell their patrimony of intelligence for a bit of security deserve no respect at all.
That religions could be so threatened by words or drawings is the ultimate insult to those religions. If the structure of your beliefs is so tenuous, what does that say about the strength of your character and what it is built on?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-16 15:10:01 |Display all floors
So do you think anyone has ever offended USA or China in the pages of CD ? Have these reports ever mocked people from either country ? Have you heard any reports of someone taking such offense at this that they've walked into the journalists' offices and made good their views by shooting them and /or taking hostages ?

In other words, why are you condemning what is written in the pages of a French magazine, yet ignore the fact that such "hurtful" and "offensive" behavior should be in evidence in the pages of the same august paper for which you write ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-29 05:21:57 |Display all floors
Well in this case i do agree with you Miss  Sophia.  Whilst there is so called freedom of the press, i suggest the press must consider being responsible in reporting and publication to a wide range of cultural appetites.  To publish these disrespectful photos and words on a culture that has respect for their religion is verging on ridiculous as well as irresponsible.  I certainly have no room for religion in my own life, but i respect others.   The freedom of the press is just taken to much as a freedom "to do what you want".  Certainly i do not in any way condone violence and i am in no way a muslim supporter.  But lets stop these journalist who want to stir trouble where common sense reporting should be the way to go...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-15 16:09:37 |Display all floors
Someone who mock the muslim religion are really ignorant, you must take what came your way and not cry when people die because of mockery.  I'm not a supporter of the muslims but is there any other way to get people to stop make offensive remark to the muslim religion.  As long as you mock their religion they will kill people, the western media must get that in their thick skulls.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.