Author: smuffy

Should children kneel down for parents?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-6-17 13:56:24 |Display all floors
there're any other ways to shows appreciation to our parents. is it necessary for kneel-down in nowadays? i don't think so. we can have more time to chat with our parents, more time to stay with our parents. if far from our parents, just go home frequently or invite parents to live with us.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-22 11:17:06 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2015-6-11 16:11
The Chinese like to perform rituals in public.  This kneeling before parents is just another such ri ...

Hi, I have lived here for 13 years and rarely seen the "little emperor" behavior you are describing.  I teach kids, both rich and poor, and also don't see much spoiling or pampering.  Parents do pay a lot of attention to their kids and will go to great lengths to do things to help their education, but they expect good behavior and  hard work in return.  Think tiger mothers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-22 11:19:40 |Display all floors
Sometimes, as part  of a ceremony, it may be socially useful.  I don't like it on an individual basis.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-22 11:21:01 |Display all floors
PatrickInBeijin Post time: 2015-7-22 11:17
Hi, I have lived here for 13 years and rarely seen the "little emperor" behavior you are describin ...

You must be living in fairyland, not the real China. We see that everyday!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.