Author: smuffy

Should children kneel down for parents?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-1-15 10:25:12 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2015-1-15 18:30:43 |Display all floors
smuffy Post time: 2015-1-15 10:25

NO

What kick to parents get out of this?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-16 05:55:16 |Display all floors
I can see the cultural/social aspect of it, as in respecting your parents. We don't have that in my country, people are very individualistic.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-16 06:45:33 From mobile |Display all floors
It is kind of degrading to the child to have to express their feelings to their parents in this manner. As a parent myself I can see it in their eyes, they do not need to kneel before me like some slave.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-16 10:23:13 |Display all floors
It is a Chinese tradition, a etiquette to show children's filial respect and gratefulness for their parents or grandparents for raising them. It is just this etiquette that make Chinese people full of virture and gratefullness. Why can't the young generation pick up the tradition?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-16 13:00:39 |Display all floors
actually it's something about traditional thinking,Chinese esp the old aren't willing to put that on a level of certain values,they just see no reason to

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-16 13:36:41 |Display all floors
I got a little confused but anyway it is much better when compare with people did in old days, now they prefer to keep free idea however some thoughts are so ingrained just like rooted in your mind that you can't go free without them,if people say what they done is non of your business  because it's nothing wrong,should we  refute with no hesitation?with much of eloquent and sufficient disproof?It's the time to against bad traditional habits or the time about to create a new way of thinking?hard to say

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.