Views: 6312|Replies: 48

Entire country of France disgusted at Obola's absence   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-1-13 11:03:50 |Display all floors
President Barack Obama and other senior US officials are receiving criticism for not attending Saturday’s ‘Unity March’ in Paris. The rally included more than 40 world leaders who showed solidarity with 17 victims of multiple attacks last week. Junior "leader" only US rep in attendance.

Jane Hartley, the US ambassador to France, was the highest-ranking US official to attend the rally. The event occurred four days after an assault on the offices of Charlie Hebdo satirical newspaper in Paris left 12 dead.

Despite the ambassador’s presence, the absence of the Obama administration’s heavy hitters rankled America’s conservative press.

“The United States of America, Barack Obama, President, was inexcusably absent from one of the most critical turning points in the war between radical Islam and the West since 9/11,”wrote the editorial board of the New York Daily News.

“No Obama. No Joe Biden. No John Kerry from State. No Chuck Hagel or Ashton Carter from Defense. Not even Eric Holder from Justice, who happened to have been in Paris.”

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2015-1-13 11:16:54 |Display all floors
Oh.. you mean that freedom of speech thing.

In the U.S. we are free to speech our minds as long as we do not advocate for communism.
Being a communist is technically illegal in the U.S.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-13 11:24:55 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2015-1-13 11:16
Oh.. you mean that freedom of speech thing.

In the U.S. we are free to speech our minds as long  ...

How can it be illegal when there even is a communist party in USA?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-13 11:34:27 |Display all floors
mixamixa Post time: 2015-1-12 19:24
How can it be illegal when there even is a communist party in USA?

Technically it has been illegal since 1954. To this day it is still illegal.

----------------------------------------------
The Communist Control Act (68 Stat. 775, 50 U.S.C. 841-844) is a piece of United States federal legislation, signed
into law by President Dwight Eisenhower on 24 August 1954, which outlawed the Communist Party of the United
States and criminalized membership in, or support for the Party or "Communist-action" organizations and defined
evidence to be considered by a jury in determining participation in the activities, planning, actions, objectives, or
purposes of such organizations.
--------
However, the Supreme Court of the United States has not ruled on the act's constitutionality. Despite that, no
administration has tried to enforce it. The provisions of the act "outlawing" the party have not been repealed.
Nevertheless, the Communist Party of the USA continues to exist in the 21st century.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-13 11:37:20 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-1-12 19:36
Robber, you are a LIAR.

There is a Communist Party of America, and it has never been outlawed!  ...

Can't you read my reply? It is illegal. What part of my post do you not understand?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-13 11:39:57 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2015-1-13 11:34
Technically it has been illegal since 1954. To this day it is still illegal.

In China, you have to memorize the 7 nos in universities and the media industry...................................................even bloggers better memorize the 7 nos.

the Party will get angry if you forget them....................................

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-13 11:40:13 |Display all floors
In China, you have to memorize the 7 nos in universities and the media industry...................................................even bloggers better memorize the 7 nos.

the Party will get angry if you forget them....................................

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.