Author: coralbay

Shanghai New Year at the Bund   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-1-3 18:28:57 |Display all floors
MisterZhu Post time: 2015-1-3 17:20
You are 100% a fifth columnist at work. This forum is run by one-eye bigots for one-eyed bigots.

The guidelines were written by your friends, shocking isn't it.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-1-3 18:31:53 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2015-1-3 16:52
In that case it's the government's fault.  Think of such a gathering in Times Square in New York. ...

I am sure there were plenty who did take the governments advice, and are still here today!!!...
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2015-1-3 19:04:24 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2015-1-3 18:31
I am sure there were plenty who did take the governments advice, and are still here today!!!...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-3 19:59:02 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-1-2 11:04
Those policepeople who stood by as revellers died or moaned in agony probably were hoping to catch ...

Why did they put on such an elaborate show? In a place full of migrant worker, it ought to have been foreseen
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-3 20:09:06 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2015-1-3 20:15
I am sure there were plenty who did take the governments advice, and are still here today!!!..

What I'm saying is that if that's what the 'government' advised: not to go to the place, then it's like no advice was given at all.

Such a piece of advice -- not to go to an exciting event like the promised fireworks show -- is worse than not giving it at all.

Imagine there is a famine and everyone is hungry for food, would you heed advice -- from any source -- that you shouldn't eat the cake because flies have been detected in the room -- and might have gotten into the cake making it unsanitary and you might die from dysentery?   

Would you have heeded the 'advice'?

I detect some dereliction of duty here especially in regards to the structure of the raised platform built for viewing the display.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-1-3 21:05:14 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2015-1-3 20:09
What I'm saying is that if that's what the 'government' advised: not to go to the place, then it's  ...

If I was told about the dangers of being crushed, then yes I certainly would take their advice, but I wouldn't need to...
I have seen many dangerous incidents in Chongqing to know not to get myself in that situation.
A tragedy that should have been avoided, but blaming the officials is not on....
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-3 21:55:09 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.