Author: coralbay

Shanghai New Year at the Bund   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-1-5 12:31:26 |Display all floors
coralbay Post time: 2015-1-5 11:57
I don't understand why the nationalists here are so full of praise for President Xi carrying out s ...

And the Party would gain more international credibility if independent investigations from the likes of the new York Times & Bloomberg were addressed rather than blocked. There was talk of a law suit to defend Wen Jiabo but that never happened.

And more credibility nationally if petitioners and whistle blowers were heard rather than swept away.

Public waste has been corralled, have you received many calendars this year? My vintage Moutai collection has stagnated in price rather than appreciated.

I would certainly rather see Mr. Xi focus on corruption and waste rather than dictating Maoesque cultural policiies to artists, journailists, architects and TV shows. Finally my missus and I had a show we could enjoy together, The Empress of China. They just couldn't leave well enough alone, the boobies have ended up on the cutting room floor since its "retooling". Aiya!
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-5 12:43:02 |Display all floors
coralbay Post time: 2015-1-5 11:57
I don't understand why the nationalists here are so full of praise for President Xi carrying out s ...

Dang. Filter snagged my reply. Is there a doctor in the house? I need a prescription for Postus Interuptus.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2015-1-5 14:15:58 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-1-4 19:33
Pres Jinping has ordered an investigation and the police have already offered apologies.

But you  ...

I don't drink ethanol and grape juice.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-5 14:24:15 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2015-1-5 14:15
I don't drink ethanol and grape juice.

Moonshine is your pleasure, amirite?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2015-1-5 14:25:18 |Display all floors
wowzers Post time: 2015-1-4 22:24
Moonshine is your pleasure, amirite?

I don't drink at all.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-5 14:27:00 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-1-2 15:04
Those policepeople who stood by as revellers died or moaned in agony probably were hoping to catch ...

that evil part of yours taking over again

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-5 14:29:24 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2015-1-2 15:22
It was a terrible tragedy that was avoidable

True,
At the same time your lot could NOT even control  ONE individual which had a decade long history.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.