Post time 2014-12-31 16:34:14 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-31 16:42:29 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-31 17:22:28 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-12-30 17:23
As Mixy has no respect for Chinese laws or Chinese people what do you expect?
As I have frequentlt said I obey the law,
As I spend 25% of my year in the UK

Well, Futsanglung, according to your "hardcore legalist" logic, you shouldn't even set foot in the U.K.  Considering how insanely complex U.K. laws are, I'd bet that within hours after hopping off the plane at Heathrow, you will have unknowingly violated at least several hundred British laws, patents, and copyrights on the books.  (It's the same way in the U.S.)  China's legal code, on the other hand, is much simpler.

So using your logic, you'd be better off just staying in China and occasionally using a VPN to check your Gmail, your Facebook page, or to watch a fun video on YouTube, because you'd be breaking fewer laws that way than by going to the U.K. or the U.S. to check your Gmail.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-31 17:38:52 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-31 19:05:22 |Display all floors
My corporate email is hosted on Google Apps. The webmail version (www.gmail.com) has for long been inaccessible in China. However, my staff was able to access emails through outlook and other email clients. Since last Friday, that has stopped. Had to buy VPN service for whole staff as it is not possible to move hosting from Google... It cannot be google for sure who will deliberately leave its users in a lurch.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-31 19:27:30 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-31 19:40:35 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2014-12-31 19:27
So in your experience did you suffer disruption to your computer operating  system by using QQ and ...

i'm afraid of downloading any executables (.exe files) from chinese websites, because the last time i did that years and years ago, the files came with viruses...but i've never gotten any viruses or malware from big companies such as QQ, although their webmail can be really slow, well, at least outside of china, and so i have adopted 163 mail instead.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.