Views: 5467|Replies: 17

tear in heaven [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-12-22 15:02:16 From mobile |Display all floors
How many people know the stories of the song named Tear In heaven? There is a really touching story about this song.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-27 22:22:27 |Display all floors
No I do not know the song, Tear In Heaven . The song Dani California has kind of affected me too, everyday it seems like I say, she's my priestess, no I am not, it has affected me because they are actually calling me their priestess in the song, the story behind the song is quite different . Was thinking if I write about it I might stop saying it so much .  

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2014-12-27 23:40:14 |Display all floors
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tears+in+heaven+eric+clapton&qpvt=tears+in+heaven+eric+clapton&FORM=VDRE#view=detail&mid=CCB5B0223F554032D341CCB5B0223F554032D341

I believe Eric Clapton wrote it after the loss of his son who fell out of a hotel bedroom window

Lyrics
Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?

I must be strong
And carry on
'Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven

Would you hold my hand
If I saw you in heaven?
Would you help me stand
If I saw you in heaven?

I'll find my way
Through night and day
'Cause I know I just can't stay
Here in heaven

Time can bring you down
Time can bend your knees
Time can break your heart
Have you begging please
Begging please

Beyond the door
There's peace, I'm sure
And I know there'll be no more
Tears in heaven

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?

I must be strong
And carry on
Here in heaven

Here in heaven
Read more at http://www.lyrics.com/tears-in-h ... gDcFAWHoShYijr3E.99

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2014-12-27 23:45:06 |Display all floors
Eric Clapton has recalled the heartache of losing his son CONOR in his new autobiography, revealing he had taken the four-year-old to the circus the night before he fell to his death from his mother's New York apartment.

Clapton, who penned classic ballad Tears In Heaven after the 1991 tragedy, spent the night before his son's death enjoying his first father-son outing alone with Conor. After taking the boy home, the rocker admits he was swelled with confidence as a father and decided he wanted to spend more one-on-one time with his son when he was in New York.

In Eric Clapton: The Autobiography, Clapton writes, "The following morning I was up early, ready to walk crosstown from my hotel to pick up (Conor's mother) Lori (del Santo) and Conor to take them to the Central Park Zoo... "The phone rang and it was Lori. She was hysterical, screaming that Conor was dead. I thought to myself, 'This is ridiculous. How can he be dead?' and I asked her the silliest question, 'Are you sure?' "And then she told me that he'd fallen out of the window. She was beside herself. Screaming. I said, 'I'll be right there.'" Conor had fallen 49 storeys from a high-rise window. In his memoirs, Clapton also recalls the horror of having to identify his son at the morgue.

He adds, "Whatever physical damage he had suffered in the fall, by the time I saw him they had restored his body to some normality. "As I looked at his beautiful face in repose, I remember thinking, 'This isn't my son. It looks a bit like him, but he's gone.'"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-27 23:47:08 |Display all floors
I was nearly right from memory

I stand corrected

His Mothers Apartment 49 floors high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-28 09:11:11 From mobile |Display all floors
1584austin Posted On  Yesterday 23:47
I was nearly right from memory

I stand corrected

His Mothers Apartment 49 floors high...

and after the funeral of the boy, their parents received a letter written by his son before his death. it's the first letter and also the last letter for him, and the context of the letter was: I love you, dad.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-28 10:20:29 |Display all floors
the singer is ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.