Views: 6161|Replies: 21

Police use ropes to stop red light runners   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-12-15 14:31:18 |Display all floors
The “Chinese style of crossing the road” is a Chinese expression that refers to the behavior of Chinese pedestrians crossing an intersection, not based on the traffic signals, but by whether there are a sufficient number of pedestrians who feel it’s safe to cross.
The traffic police in Hangzhou, capital of east China Zhejiang province, use ropes in the cross-road near a shopping mall to stop pedestrians and non-motor vehicle drivers from running the red light signals.

But the police said that lots of people still climbed over the ropes to cross the street despite police shouting at them for disregarding the traffic rules.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-15 14:38:21 |Display all floors
I remember it was reported so many years ago on TV.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-15 15:25:03 |Display all floors
wow -  nothing can stop them except they suffer an accident .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-15 15:28:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by casseopeia at 2014-12-15 15:34

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-15 19:52:17 |Display all floors
Yes,it always happens that many people do not follow the traffic singals but depond on whether there are enough people to ensure safe when they crossing the roads.There is a traffic light which let people wait 90 seconds but just give pedestrians about 5 seconds to pass the road which has about 10 meters long.Once I tried and I can not pass the road if I do not have big and fast steps.Of course,there are deep reasons about "Chinese style of crossing roads".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-15 21:37:16 |Display all floors
If all of us can control our own action and ceased steps toward front when there emerged a red light in the intersection, I suppose there is no need to pull a rope as an indication of stopping steps.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-16 08:20:13 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.