Views: 14162|Replies: 62

Why few Chinese brands make it abroad?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-12-14 15:35:15 |Display all floors
Acutually, few Chinese companies have built global recognised brands or succeeded in establishing their brands overseas. That’s paradoxical, given that China is already the world’s second largest economy. What can explain this paradox? Xiaomi has been gaining market share in the domestic market, upsetting Samsung Electronics as China’s largest smartphone seller. But it has been barred from importing or selling its devices in India over alleged patent infringement. Why can't Chinese brands make it to the global market?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-14 16:10:44 |Display all floors
i actually start to like chinese brands...i find that much more detail and care is put into development. ...better quality at a better price...but chinese people are not good at propaganda and self-promotion.

but like i said, be persistent...if you can't win any other ways, then win because everyone else gave up first...take good care along the way....like the saying that goes, take care of the minutes and the hours will take care of themselves.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-14 16:26:03 |Display all floors
the blockade ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-14 22:01:34 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2014-12-14 22:02

Ericsson filed the patent-infringement suit against Xiaomi based on its wireless technology standards-essential patents that is available for licensing on FRAND basis. Xiaomi was caught "naked" because it doesn't have its own arsenal of patents which it could cross-license with Ericsson. Huawei, on the other hand, which competes against Ericsson has tons of patents. So Huawei shouldn't have any problems entering world markets, except maybe the U.S.A.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-14 22:39:13 |Display all floors
China is already the world’s second largest economy

worlds largest population, and second largest economy.
its all strength in numbers. you know, like 6-pack abs on a skinny guy, or a big chested fat girl. it doesnt really count.

and to answer your question, because they are rubbish. they are only good in China because the gov. pushes home-grown brands. like baidu.  its a terrible search engine and most of the features are copied from Google, but because it toes the line, and its home-grown they are pushed as the main search engine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-15 02:10:02 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-15 04:28:14 |Display all floors
I think Chinese goods have a reputation for being poorly made knock-offs. I am not sure if that is true, though.
The car is red. I am not.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.