Views: 4360|Replies: 19

Should Parents Tell Kids About Their Past?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-12-2 13:50:51 |Display all floors
At some point, every child asks uncomfortable questions about sex, drugs and the past lives of his parents. Do you offer just the facts, or add personal commentary? How much is enough? And when, if ever, should you share details of your own past?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-2 16:24:23 |Display all floors
my parents will tell me some stories about the early days. i think it is interesting

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-12-2 17:35:10 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ratfink at 2014-12-2 17:36

First off I'm not a parent. But my parents never withheld what they got up to, but there was no sex and drugs, but there was some wild tales from my father. My mother on the other hand was far less wild.  Both of my parents had high ethical standards.  

When I have a child I will be the same, once the child is old enough to handle the truth he or she will hear the plain truth of what I did and why.  I for one won't gloss over things and will point out both the good and bad sides of what I have done.  

Kids deserve to know where they came from and parents should be honest and face up to their past.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-2 19:09:06 |Display all floors
In my personal sight I think perants should tell their children about their past. In spite there is a impassable generation gap, causing your children bored or not understanding u. But we shouldn't  deprive their right to know what it was that went into their making. Parents should lift the curtain, I think, more or less. my mom and dad always put something into my ears like "what had happened ......in their day, and how miserable the life was, and leave a caution to me that I should count my blessings, I should be pleased to what I have now, never complain about life again."  Yet  they also tell me the old stories and their happy years. and I would like to hear their story and always stir curiosity to dig more.  

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-12-2 19:22:35 |Display all floors
I tell the kids everything good and bad, my smart and stupid decisions

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-2 19:27:41 |Display all floors
In my opinion ,The parents had better be active to tell their past with childern for it is a good way to make children learn about their Mam and Dad. Sometimes,I,as a Child,have a strong desire to learn about my parents and they always are open to talk something with me .Of course,maybe some are not true,but I feel good to listen to their stories.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-2 22:38:11 |Display all floors
why should parents have to tell their kids about their past.I think it was not nessassary.but if children want to know ,it  doesn't matter.Actally,what I thought important was how do you realise your past.because it decides what value will your kids get from you .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.