Views: 8894|Replies: 9

Is job hopping good for career? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-11-25 16:24:09 |Display all floors
I worked for a company for eleven years until it went bankrupt. It was my first job out of college and an experience that while I am grateful for I never wish to do again. In the last two years I have had a job per year. It has been awesome. I don't look at job-hopping negatively, if anything, it says a person is able to cope with change. I have learned more than when I was permanent. It has openned new doors and I have received much higher pay. I no longer believe that it is healthy to ones carreer to stay stagnated in the same company. What do you think?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-25 18:33:48 |Display all floors
would never employ a job hopper
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-11-25 18:48:55 |Display all floors
its acceptable here in china, because they never do background checks....
but its all about the money anyway....
we would probably all keep moving if we could better our last salary..
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-25 19:25:53 |Display all floors
trees will die after removing while human will rejuvenate

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-26 09:15:48 |Display all floors
Depends on the person and career.

Here's a question for you:

Do all Chinese think in terms of absolutes?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-26 09:54:52 |Display all floors
In the past people were expected to learn one skill or trade and eventually become a better paid expert or master at it. These days a person can expect to have several jobs in his lifetime. There are many reasons why this has happened. I was told that to succeed in a teaching career, I must stay in one school no longer than 5 years before applying for work and promotion in another school. In the west this has proved true for me, but here in China I do not think it is like this. I know an excellent teacher with many years experience and success. She decided to move to another school. The result is that she now works much longer hours for 1000 Yuan less per month. There was no opportunity or answer about these at her interview. How sad.
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-11-26 16:03:25 |Display all floors
The saying now is an individual will have worked for about 20 diffrent companies with at least 3 diffrent careers. The one job for life is now over, job hopping will be the norm

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.