Author: smuffy

Should we ban eating on subway?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-6-20 08:50:44 |Display all floors
On my view, it should be banned to eat on subway, Because, subway must of time full with passengers, it disturb others as well the smell also spreads, whether its good smell or bad smell it affects rest of the passengers in subway.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-21 09:07:33 |Display all floors
It would be nice to ban eating, limit mobile phone conversations to certain areas, and remind people to take pride in their city/country and not throw trash on the ground or the streets.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-21 16:23:28 |Display all floors
Absolutely, ban eating and drinking on subway! And more importantly, enforce the ban!
I have observed how irresponsible some passengers are, eating and spilling their food crumbs and drinks on the floor and seat!
Some cities already ban eating and drinking n subways, but passengers just ignore the signs forbidding such. The problem is with enforcement, which in China is either very slack or non-existent!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-21 16:29:00 |Display all floors
ColinSpeakman Post time: 2014-11-26 09:37
But when else will the work slaves eat if not while travelling to work?  How many eat while driving  ...

You are too kind; there is no comparison with eating in your own car, but certainly not on public transport and be a nuisance to others! And besides, the food crumbs attract rodents, croaches, etc which damage the wiring and result in accidents or malfunction, something we all don't want to see!
The analogy is with smoking; it is banned in public places, but not in the smokers' homes!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-21 16:35:02 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2015-6-21 16:37
noviskic Post time: 2014-11-26 20:37
I totally  agree  prohitbiting, because when someone is eating  food on  subway(an enclosed  area),h ...

Yes, be considerate towards others. You may enjoy Indian curry, but the smell can drive others crazy! Worst still is eating durian on the subway; it stinks like an unflushed toilet!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-21 16:35:12 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2015-6-21 16:44

duplicated

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-21 16:39:59 |Display all floors
Laine Post time: 2015-6-18 13:18
I don't see a problem with people eating on public transport but only if the food is COLD. No hot me ...

And with summer upon us, the stench from fellow passengers' armpits is unbearable!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.