Author: Nostril

East-Asian History More Bloody than Western History   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-11-26 15:58:31 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-11-25 23:04
It seems you have read sanitised history books about Chinese war history; the Chiense put entire n ...

If anyone's expert at sanitizing, it's delusional sennie who fervently believes Europeans as a benevolent group throughout world history that 'civilized' their conquered worlds while singing kumbaya.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-26 17:08:01 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2014-11-26 17:11
seneca Post time: 2014-11-25 20:34
I once read JFames Clavell's novel, SHOGUN. It is a good read if you are keen on Japanese history  ...

So that's how you learn your East Asian history? By reading pulp fiction from White Guys in the U.S.A. who can't tell the difference between a Samurai and a Shogun?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-26 21:26:52 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2014-11-28 02:49
seneca Post time: 2014-11-26 21:18
Excuse me, you have not told us what is the basis for your Sino-centric abstrusities and chinauv ...

"The generic brutality of East Asians"...

Maybe that's your impression after reading pulp fiction. But I do suggest other books such as the "Tale of Genji", a novel written during the aristocratic Heian Period in Japan. There's more to Japanese culture than the seppuku ritual of the Japanese Samurai.

From my posts, anyone could tell that I have a WORLD-centric view of Chinese histroy not a SINO-centric view of world history which makes me hardly a chinauvinist. I do think though that EAST ASIA has found its own uniquely EAST ASIAN way of moving from its feudal past to the modern world. Most EAST ASIANS don't even claim to possess the ABSOLUTE TRUTH regarding HUMAN CIVILIZATION, only that what they have -- EAST ASIAN CIVILIZATION -- which has worked in the past would continue to serve them well into the future.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-26 21:57:19 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2014-11-26 21:26

Maybe that's your impression after reading pulp fiction ...

To my mind, no one trusts Chinese historians  and admire  books written by them, who are mostly pseuds and plagiarists. And such Chinese historians and scribes often garble  or fabricate  the historicial facts they don't want to tell to their readers as submissive patsies to the Chinese ......., particularly when their books are related to Cultural Revolution that convulsed Chinese society and turned the young into louts and mobs.

In fairness, I don't think foreigners  can fully understand the intricacies of Chinese history  and  rounds of turf battles between different interest groups or kingdoms that ruled China in history. Yet it's no stretch to say that  all the awful things that happened in European history , namely civil strife,  vehement land grabs, incestuous marriages, adultary and slavery can be found in Chinese history as well.

Such ghastly events were all calamities for mankind; we should heed the advice offered by our predecessors and not to repeat such mistakes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-26 22:07:55 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2014-11-26 21:26

Maybe that's your impression after reading pulp fiction ...

To my mind, no one trusts Chinese historians and admires books written by them, who are mostly pseuds and plagiarists.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-27 10:04:17 |Display all floors
Ethnicity

No ethnic group disappeared because of Genghis Khan and his descendants.The post Columbus holocaust erased the entire native population of the Caribbean,of Tasmania,the Banda islands and Patagonia.For all practical purposes the native Americans and the native Australians are extinct.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-27 10:10:40 |Display all floors
Dacarys Post time: 2014-11-24 21:27
the East-Asian history is longer than the western.

I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.