Author: Nostril

East-Asian History More Bloody than Western History   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-11-25 11:49:23 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-11-24 05:07
Apart from the Japanese and the Mongolians, the Chinese no doubt had the ost murderous history of a ...

The Europeans killed trillions just for not picking up one of the king's handkerchiefs.

I can make up absurd stories too.

But back to reality. The Europeans are the ones who traveled the world killing countless people for land and resources.

People believe what they know, not what some nitwit on the internet writes.

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-25 11:50:24 |Display all floors
if the killings are so wide spread, how come China is so densely populated?

don't forget................China is further away from Africa than Europe is.

People have to walk much further to reach China, compared to Europe.

so, starting with less arrivals and ending with more people must mean there is less dying.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-25 12:25:26 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-25 19:26:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2014-11-26 17:10

Genghis Khan is from North not East Asia.

The Mongols were said to have been responsible for using biological warfare in the siege of Crimea which caused the worst plague in world history -- the BLACK DEATH -- killing up to half of Europe's population. In the siege of Crimea, Mongols used catapults to hurl plagued-filled corpses to the walled towns. Travelers from Crimea then spread the plague to the rest of Europe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-25 20:46:41 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2014-11-25 20:47
seneca Post time: 2014-11-25 20:34
I once read JFames Clavell's novel, SHOGUN. It is a good read if you are keen on Japanese history  ...

The German Soviet war is total war never seen before on the planet

Hitler calls it, a culture war, an ideology war where no mercy is given and no mercy expected.

It would rival the Mongols in intensity except that the total number of victims inflicted by the Mongols is so very very small compared to that war

The German Soviet war in which each side has at least 5 million soldiers engaged at any time, and the Soviets ended with 10 million active soldiers.

The Western front is puny, very tiny and puny compared to the Eastern front.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-25 21:52:46 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-11-25 21:02
I cannot comment on your comparisons. It is widely acepted that WW II marked a new low in the br ...

Most of the wars of ancient China have very low casualties.....scholars are generally agreed on this point.....with one or two exceptions.

Most of the battles go like this.....the opposing generals duel.....the loser is killed and his army quickly run away.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-26 15:31:09 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-11-25 23:04
It seems you have read sanitised history books about Chinese war history; the Chiense put entire n ...

sad.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.