Views: 2819|Replies: 17

Chinese Cheating   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-11-18 17:40:26 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Cheating at 2014-11-19 00:09

Though cheating in exams had long been recognized as a huge problem in China, especially since kids were keen to show group loyalty by helping classmates, a new peak of the problem came into view as examiners decided one particular school had for several years achieved out-of-this-world results and decided to send in their own staff to replace local teachers as supervisors.

The new supervisors, using metal detectors, quickly retrieved a treasure trove of technical aids (mobile phones, iPods, FaceTubes etc) from kids’ underpants. Several girls had cameras in their bras so they could relay the exam papers to friends outside the classroom who would then transmit back the right answers.

Anyway, soon the 500 examinees were incensed and, actually complaining it was “unfair” that they were not being allowed to cheat, rioted and locked up the new supervisors for a day in the school till they were rescued by police.

{Did the enthusiasm for cheating have implications for how China’s children had achieved world-beating results on IQ tests? If so, it might help explain how measured Chinese IQ had long been notably unmatched by real creative achievements in art, literature, music, science or philosophy...}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-18 18:28:21 |Display all floors
  these girls are "smart"  ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-18 21:11:26 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-11-18 21:22:00 |Display all floors
held in captive against their will....
I have read many stories where grumpy employees have been doing this in china, but none of them ever get charged...
why the hell not?...
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-18 22:13:28 |Display all floors
even skool monitor's inside the bathroom just in case you need to go  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-19 02:41:56 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-11-18 18:54
China should be awarded the Nobel prize in Cheaterature.

When Chinese cheat, they are cheating other chinese who work honestly.  This is shameful and unpatriotic.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-19 11:58:56 |Display all floors

you can't say they don't have creativity in cheating.

this means the kids are creative and capable of great things in the future.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.