Views: 3536|Replies: 21

Will China Ever Look Like Star Wars?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-11-16 09:41:24 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Star.warChina! at 2014-11-16 09:58

In the West, there is a very popular movie series called "Star Wars."  Well, in the movie, all the planets are united into one country called "The Republic."  And the capital of this "Republic" is called “Coruscant.”  The city is marvelous: completely futuristic with buildings 20,000 feet tall, and the city covers the entire planet with consecutive skyscrapers around the planet.  And all the cars fly.

For any human nation to accomplish this, they surely would not be able to do it with their limited innate intelligence; a nation would have to eugenically and transhumanistically augment themselves to be able to have the technology and resources to create and maintain such a city.  Even the mighty China is not at a point where such a city could be created.

USA can’t do it: they are now an Hispanic nation.  Europe can’t do it: they are now a Muslim nation.  Japan can’t do it: they don’t reproduce and will go extinct.  And Israel can’t do it because their nation will become virtually all Hasidic Jewish who don’t believe in science, technology, and cultural change.

But, what about China in the future?  At this point, I would say no: China has become too Westernized.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-17 17:14:11 |Display all floors
Eventually, China will look like America and Brazil, not some futuristic city.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-18 02:03:09 |Display all floors
What about South Korea? Can they do it?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-18 09:38:21 |Display all floors
Who would want to live in Star Wars anyway?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-18 15:49:27 |Display all floors
Denisovan Post time: 2014-11-17 17:14
Eventually, China will look like America and Brazil, not some futuristic city.

You speculate.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-19 00:13:41 |Display all floors
yes, china can perhaps look like star wars 300 years from now.  i not be alive of course, unless i cryonics myself.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-19 02:43:18 |Display all floors
Cheating Post time: 2014-11-19 00:13
yes, china can perhaps look like star wars 300 years from now.  i not be alive of course, unless i c ...

Maybe Chinese supercomputer can become conscious and turn China into Star Wars.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.