Author: gracelee

Chinese are liars ?? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-7-25 08:54:11 |Display all floors

Your opinion is one-sided!

At first,lying is common all over the world,you can not say that is the character of Chinese.In my opinion,most people who like to lie just be cheated by themselves.
On the other hand,we must take it into account why so many people like to lie.At the most time,their purpose to lying is simple,they only want to protect themselves from the harm.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-25 08:54:22 |Display all floors

many 1/2 bred chinese

why are chinese smart? because there are many 1/2 among them.

china is a multi-nationality country. The history of china witnesses a process of communication and co-existance of different nationalities. ppl with different ethnical backgrounds have the freedom to get married.thus, there have never been any  root for racism in China, and the yardstick to judge a person is not his nationality but his virtue

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-27 11:28:04 |Display all floors

gracelee, amanda and others this subject is being discussed

On Living in China, sub category Culture, Canadaguy has explained the situation more clearly.

Some people see what is culturally accepted as lies. I am trying to understand it myself. In the other discussion, we are not referring to it as lies. I think it may help you understand this subject better is you read it.

I don't like using the word "lies" and as it comes out, it is done for a number of reasons. Check it out.

We have to ignore those who get all excited about this and invite them to calm down a little so they can start to understand the other cultures. It's a complicated subject.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-28 12:33:54 |Display all floors

not so complicated spiritrace

Live here for a while and you'll understand. We don't really care WHY, it's just damned annoying.
BTW that high / low context culture thread is one of the best I've ever seen.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-28 13:06:25 |Display all floors

Great!

chineseyang,a justicial person !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-28 15:25:43 |Display all floors

justicial???

Please explain.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-28 22:44:06 |Display all floors

mmm

ubersuave:  How much is this ice-cream?
retarded ice-cream vendor (RIV):  2 kwai
ubersuave:  But look it says 1.5 kwai on the packet!
RIV:  2 kwai, it's a hot day.
ubersuave:  *walks away laughing at the RTV who managed to lose a sale*

This actually happened.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.