Author: beginner2013

Why Chinese is so 'damn hard'?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-4-15 15:07:18 |Display all floors
The news reported a CNN's Beijing bureau chief Jaime who had  lived in china since 1971.he has fluent chinese.else  FlorCruzFacebook is a social network service site, the main founder mark zuckerberg for the American people.For a foreigner to speak chinese is very difficult thing.But he can speech in front of the students in qinghua.it's so good.even if cacoepy ,also want to try.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-15 15:07:47 |Display all floors
     The news reported a CNN's Beijing bureau chief Jaime who had  lived in china since 1971.he has fluent chinese.else  FlorCruzFacebook is a social network service site, the main founder mark zuckerberg for the American people.For a foreigner to speak chinese is very difficult thing.But he can speech in front of the students in qinghua.it's so good.even if cacoepy ,also want to try.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-15 15:12:09 |Display all floors
    In my opinion, I don't know why people think Chinese is difficult, it's probably an attitude problem, For multinational people really hard to accept.but as a communication tool, you must also do our best to learn. Because the language doesn't have the common sense to use an alphabet.
This is ridiculous. Besides, Pinyin is used in early learning to understand pronunciation. I spent a good 8-12 months to learn two thousand characters, but after that initial time investment I found new vocabulary EASY to learn and know. In English there are words of Latin, German, French and other origins. It is way easier to learn a new Chinese word if you know the Character components than it is to learn new English vocabulary. So no matter what happens you have to carefully

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-15 16:09:30 |Display all floors
How about doing a degree in Chinese....sitting in a class where u are surrounded by Chinese students and there's nothing you can comprehend even though you speak fluent Chinese.....theorotically you become dumb and the more dumber you get when you try to make sense of all the terminologies in yr course are......no one cares.....just nobody give a damn whether you pass you exams or not...and remember you're going home with no degree even sooner than you though......that's the situation most foreigners studying in China go through.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-29 16:28:27 |Display all floors
I am reminded of a classical Chinese essay on the subject of learning Chinese.

There was once a wealthy man who decided that it was time to give his son an education. For this, he hired the best tutor in town.
As planned, teaching started the next morning. The tutor began by writing one horizontal stroke, explaining that it represented one, and read Yi. He proceeded by writing two horizontal strokes, saying that it represented two, and read Er. At this point, the rich man's son sat up, fully in anticipation, indicating that he knew what was coming next. Sure enough, the tutor  wrote three horizontal strokes, saying that it reprensented three and read San. Whereupon the youngster got up brushed aide his tutor, telling him to go home - he had figured out what writing was all about. The father was delighted that he had a genius for a son and not hesitating to keep this knowledge to himself. Friends and foes alike, were impressed.
Life went on as usual until one day when  the richman decided to throw a party to mark a certain occasioon. Invitation cards were prepared, needing only the names to be filled in. This task was delegated to the son to complete. As the day progressed, it became obvious that something was delaying the issue of the invitations.  Becoming curious, the father went in to check where, the son with sleeves rolled up, was busy writing writing horizontal strokes. When asked, the son replied that of the one hundred surnames available for choice, why has this person chosen “Wan” 万 (meaning 10,000)? I got up early this morning at 5, and although I have been at it for half a day, I have only completed 1,000 strokes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-15 14:16:13 |Display all floors
I had some Chinese try to teach me some of the language.  When I would say exactly what I thought I heard them say they would tell me; "No, no, you are saying bad things!"  At that point I figured I better not try and learn to speak Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-15 14:57:17 |Display all floors
After puberty, every new language is hard

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.