Author: freeman

"we will definitely not tolerate Taiwan independence" [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-10-25 21:23:51 |Display all floors

perhaps it would take a long time to solve the "Taiwan issue"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-10-27 10:26:39 |Display all floors

why do you think Taiwan wants independence?

The people of Taiwan have developed a democracy over the years.  They now have certain freedoms that the people of the mainland don't yet enjoy -- such as freedom of the press.  They also have a free market and this has given them better incomes and a higher standard of living than the average mainland Chinese person.

Do you think they want to give this up?  Would you?

If China really wants to unite, the government needs to stop threatening and bullying Taiwan.  This makes the Taiwan people very nervous -- they are afraid mainland China will come in and take away all the freedoms they have worked hard to achieve over the last decades.  If China adopts a friendly tone, and gives a guarantee of continued separate government, separate system, the Taiwan people will probably go along with it.

Use magic tools Report

bob_wang_101 has been deleted
Post time 2003-10-28 16:50:35 |Display all floors

Action speaks louder than words!

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

jodysong has been deleted
Post time 2003-10-28 17:07:13 |Display all floors

Taiwan question

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-10-28 19:51:22 |Display all floors

why not?

So, why cant it be disscussed?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-10-29 11:56:10 |Display all floors

my first reply to karenb

Forgive my liberty, may I ask you some questions, how many years you have stayed in the mainland, and do you well know about us, about our living, about our government policy, and ....? I thought you may not.
Yes, we still have many problems existing, just like the employment issue, the bribe, the economic system, the gap between the Westen and the Easten, and ......  But we are trying to solve these issues since the 1949 with our all efforts. Even it is a long road fulling with brambles, we is going ahead without any heel-dragging. Here we are, the new Chinese people.
The actual reason why Taiwan wants independence, is some of them don't understand us, belive in us, trust us, but they are very afraid that we will take everything away if they come back home, which they have gotten, their democracy, their freedom and their property.... That's not true, it is the small part of Taiwan politician's trick. I thought most of kind Taiwan people will well know it.
Both of us are Chinese, and have been living together for thousands years.....But why, you'd like to go along with Japanese in society and culture, and to cooperate with American in economy? We are families, and should strive for our bright future hand by hand.
Finally, let's wish the day of reunification is coming soon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-10-30 20:32:37 |Display all floors

reunification is coming

Despite what Chen says,we're of the same race. God damn the Jap! What a pity you speak of the Jap.We need the stability but we also should save our face.As long as we have the same opinion ,everytning can be discussed on the table.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.