Views: 7982|Replies: 30

Wifeless future for China's men   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-28 15:05:11 |Display all floors
According to The Economist, ten percent of Chinese men cannot find wives in the next decade. Bascially, it's saying.. since most parents in China prefers a son over a daughter b/c they want to carry on their family name and b/c of the law imposed by one child, its causing gender imbalance. There are more males than females... and as years pass by more males are singled out, they cant get married b/c they cant find wives.

So what do you think about this whole aspect... I mean, its not looking so good because those parents who wants their family to be carried on by wanting a male offspring is now playing a reverse role. By that I mean, those males are stuck, they cant find wives, therefore they cant produce offspring, meaning they are ending their family name. Know what I mean?

Now do you think this is a huge concern, or is it just something that happens in the villages?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-28 19:48:52 |Display all floors
It's not the end of the world. Try mail order...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-28 19:55:50 |Display all floors
In China, marriage goes like

A class men marry B class women
B class men marry C class women
C class men marry D class women

This is why we have the "leftover" women phenomenon in the first place. Alongside gender disparity, all the pressure will fall onto the D class Chinese men. No coincidence they are also the main market for mail order brides.

Course, all this is based on a very crude 1 man to 1 woman forever life. Which is actually not as common as people might think.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-29 09:10:29 |Display all floors
According to survey, there are more ten million men than women aged at 20-30 years old in China, which is a huge social problem.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-10-29 09:19:39 |Display all floors
Quasar_3 Post time: 2014-10-28 19:55
In China, marriage goes like

A class men marry B class women

so who do class A woman marry?....
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-29 09:27:06 |Display all floors
I also can't find wife ...........

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-10-29 09:31:41 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2014-10-28 17:19
so who do class A woman marry?....

Me
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.