Views: 4455|Replies: 5

internet hassle [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-6-29 09:32:40 |Display all floors
tuesday, 29th june....09:00.....all outside Ch ina connections blocked....not even msn working.......CD yes, sohu, yes, sina, yes.....why?

Can someone tell me what is the point in blocking all the rest of sites? And for those of us who are working online with our customers in Europe and America...how do we have to do?

I have spent the last half an hour apollogizing with clients for not replying mails.

And you want to be a market economy? I see.....keep dreaming on!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-29 10:03:14 |Display all floors

no way

all outside sites blocked...and now somebody from "up" there will come along and say it was a general internet crackdown......nonsense!

Why then all the ch*nese sites are working?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-29 10:39:22 |Display all floors

Mines fine today

Maybe it's a problem with the server or router your district uses.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-29 16:16:59 |Display all floors

16:00 after all day

and at least a dozen overseas calls, we have "international" connection.....cost of the so said "national security"? I will tell you when my next phone bill comes in.

Explanation....none (of course!), the telephone company said to my wife(Chinese) literally.."it has nothing to do with us" our systems are working"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-29 17:47:14 |Display all floors

ask the govt to pay your extra costs

I am told that there are about 100 million Internet users in China.
All Internet activity must go through any one of only four main Internet network "pipes" controlled by the authorities. All information is tracked and filtered for inappropriate content passing through those pipes.

If one of those pipes get blocked up or backlogged, it could impact on your access to the outside world.

This would be costly for anyone trying to run a business via the Internet in China. If the Chinese Internet was run and controlled by private enterprises who relied on customer's money to survive, the service would improve in my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-29 19:06:57 |Display all floors

you said it repentless

that's why I started this thread by asking "somebody" how the hell you want to be considered a market economy?......there is no market economy when the main communication mean, that's why it is called the world wide web, is state controlled and arbitrarily blocked.

Many people today, have suffered the consequences of some "blockhead" sitting in his/her ivory tower and probably playing with the wrong buttons.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.