Author: incarnationabc

21 Asian countries sign MOU on establishing AIIB   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-28 21:53:26 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2014-10-26 18:57
With all due respect, your comment in this post mostly was irrelevant to the topic.

The US put p ...

1. I'm in favor of the AIIB. 2. I oppose the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) for several reasons (a. it excludes China. b. It gives too much power to corporations). 3. I oppose "anti-Americanism". So, my post is not irrelevant.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-28 21:58:44 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-10-26 11:41
Not true.

No more new land to open up

What I'm saying has nothing to do with opening-up new land. It's about the new integration of world cultures that is more advanced in the US and Canada than anywhere else.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-28 22:06:59 |Display all floors
warren0353 Post time: 2014-10-28 02:14
Other than China what other big money economies signed on, a poor country does not have a lot to loa ...

There are so many things wrong with this post lmao. It is hilarious. Though, to the forum's credit, I think he is the first one to post something so funny.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-28 23:04:17 |Display all floors
warren0353 Post time: 2014-10-28 02:14
Other than China what other big money economies signed on, a poor country does not have a lot to loa ...

All the other 21 countries hope to borrow more than they put in.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-29 10:58:23 |Display all floors
A bank may loan money out but it is in the business to make money and it does this by charging you to use their money, it is not a gift. If it comes from the East or the West it does not matter, there will be some sort of string attached and someone will make money off of it. So what is the benefit again?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-29 11:03:32 |Display all floors
warren0353 Post time: 2014-10-29 10:58
A bank may loan money out but it is in the business to make money and it does this by charging you t ...

What strings do you think China or other loaners are going to attach to the Silk Road?

AIIB welcomes the investments not only from countries, but also private groups.

It is commercial.
At present, despite very low interest rates, as Mahendra Siregar says, huge gaps in infrastructure coexist with a comparably massive accumulation of savings and under-used global economic capacity. There is vast unmet demand for productive economic infrastructure, especially in the emerging economies of Asia. In 2011, the OECD estimated that global infrastructure requirements over the next two decades will cost around US$50 trillion. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) estimates that developing Asian economies need to invest US$8 trillion from 2010 to 2020, just to keep pace with expected infrastructure needs. The supply of savings, much of which is generated in Asia, is more than adequate to begin to fill some of the demand for infrastructure.
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-10-29 11:08:16 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2014-10-25 13:59
I offer my heartfelt congrats to 21 nations for becoming co-founding members of AIIB. :handsh ...

What is your understanding of economics?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.