Author: incarnationabc

21 Asian countries sign MOU on establishing AIIB   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-27 12:08:33 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-10-27 11:53
I holpe that China will realise it cannot be a second Uncle Sam on the block. If it really wants ...

China is merely acting in accordance with free market principles.  There is no shame in taking a profit in a transaction where the other party expects to profit from it in his own way as well.  Should the bank be ashamed of lending at an interest, when the borrower uses it to start a company that will profit him instead?

Your example of one-sided deals simply does not exist in the vocabulary or practice of China.

Mutual benefit is the cornerstone of Chinese financing.  When Ghana acted unilaterally, China reciprocates - fair and square.  Under the AIIB, borrowing countries are the ultimate beneficiaries of the infrastructure projects, not China.  China takes a well-deserved profit in terms of interest payments for the duration of the loan.  Why do you carp when China acts like a decent businessman. and keep your mouth shut when economic hit men saddle third world countries with loans that are wasted in graft and corruption with no infrastructure to show for them at the end?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-27 13:21:10 |Display all floors
AIIB not only welcomes the investment from Asian nations, but also non-Asian countries, and private investment...

There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-27 13:43:27 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2014-10-27 12:08
China is merely acting in accordance with free market principles.  There is no shame in taking a p ...

Bankers can change investments.

Just cannot see how the model of Chinese bankers polluting China city should be exported to other countries.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-10-27 19:08:33 |Display all floors
There needs to be competition in the world in bank lending for development. This is a good step and start! More power to this new bank! Those that oppose this do not have good motives.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-28 02:14:12 |Display all floors
Other than China what other big money economies signed on, a poor country does not have a lot to loan.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-28 03:54:57 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
   NEVER AGAIN  !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-28 03:57:51 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
   NEVER AGAIN  !

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.