Views: 5318|Replies: 21

Would you move to another country for a job?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-23 11:21:18 |Display all floors
Personally I am very settled in my home and home state, and I would not consider moving to another country for a job. I believe that with the many technologies available today, most jobs can be accomplished remotely, and therefore would eliminate the need to uproot my family and move to a foreign country.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-10-23 11:27:22 |Display all floors
Many people move to foreign countries for a better life, or where ever their work takes them.
Many Britons choose Australia for the sunny climate, and similar lifestyle. I left Briton 20 yrs ago to work in different European countries first, before settling in China. I have a dozen Scottish friends, and none of them want to live in Scotland, but you cant blame them for that........even the sheep are depressed up there
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-23 20:00:16 |Display all floors
It depends, the mainland Chinese would move not just for a job, but just for clean air and safe food and water. I saw it first hand in SE Asia countries, not just Europe and North America.
do to others as you would have them do to you

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-10-23 20:03:29 |Display all floors
It depends on the person. My entire family (immediate) have worked in various countries in our respective careers and for us it's normal and natural.  Other people may not want to do this or may find it difficult, challenging or just too hard.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-23 21:29:13 |Display all floors
that depends

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-23 22:09:04 |Display all floors
billymillennium Post time: 2014-10-23 07:55
Well, As long as there isn't Guns, Drugs, Muggings, Car Thefts, Rapes, Robberies, Murders, Prostitut ...

LA is not a safe country rather a ghetto nation there with all sorta different gangs even if you commit a crime there still no cell for you to check-in...stay in a country that has room & plenty of room not just room  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-24 06:12:31 |Display all floors
Most jobs cannot be done remotely. I moved to China for 6 months because my job cannot be done by Chinese worker. I'm glad to go back home and spend Christmas and enjoy clean nature again.

I only came to China for money and small pressure from my employer. Would I do it again? Yes, why not. It has been an eye opener, how good we have back home in Finland.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.