Views: 8111|Replies: 95

Occupy Central's Depressing Failure to Thrive   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-10 14:53:34 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2014-10-10 14:59

With the momentum gained from breaking off talks and going back to the streets, with all the barricades intact, thanks to Leung and Company, the Occupy Central protesters still failed to seize the high ground on Friday, because their numbers have dwindled precipitously in the past week, a trend that portends their eventual demise from the political stage of Hong Kong.

The only real estate that the Occupy Central activists have been able to occupy were the front pages of Time, and other Western mags, that carry little respect and adoration in China, whose people know better how their poster boys are selected.

Their numbers are so pathetically miniscule that saying they now number 0.014% of the population of Hong Kong would probably be an exaggeration.  This may be why for all their throwing of temper tantrums, China has been loathe to respond.  In the end, they won't really matter.  Hong Kong depends on China for its drinking water.  That's more than enough leverage required to protect China's sovereignty in Hong Kong.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-10 15:22:58 |Display all floors

Protestors cannot forever occupy the place.

But, they have already made their points.

They had their one two weeks of happiness, living life , being together with like minded students and members of the public.

HK has also proven a point.
That HK don't shoot students.
China shoots students.

The students should be congratulated for a job well done.
The organisation, the dedication..................and the happiness on the students faces. It has been well worth the effort.

The student Council has been amazing.

They make all students throughout the world proud of the achievements and Student Councils from other countries envious and jealous.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-10 22:12:27 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-10-10 21:18
The Chinese "police" have detained a German journalist and a Chinese artist for sympathising with  ...

More than 30 chinese mainland artists arrested to for supporting HK protest.

Beijing clique and its corrupted puppet Leung and their mafiosos  are so afraid that they even arrest artists! the shame has no limit for these cowards!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-10 22:34:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by incarnationabc at 2014-10-10 22:42
seneca Post time: 2014-10-10 21:18
The Chinese "police" have detained a German journalist and a Chinese artist for sympathising with  ...

Joseph and Yaya,

Thank you for delivering this inspiring news to us. It is  long-waiting and right action that Hong Kong government took.  Get rid of a tiny of political ringleaders and their henchmen funded, instigated by their Western masters, and the rabble of gullible young cubs will lose their orientation. And then, Hong Kong people will restore their calm lives they get used to and expect soon.

Many international summits, which were scheduled to hold in Hong Kong, have been cancelled finally due to the Occupy Central.

Tourists are scared away from Hong Kong.

Businesses in Hong Kong become slack.

Cash cow has gone due to the Occupy Central by reckless young cubs instigated by a tiny of poltical Hanjian ringleaders with hidden agenda.  Pathetic!
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-10 23:18:05 |Display all floors
no protest is good protest, and protest of any kind is just bad enough no need to see who's winnin or losin but this time HK ers didnt get the support from brothers & sisters from mainland due to recent bitterness (beijing should thanks the lord this time around), and now the HK ers can see it klearly for themselves that the entire HK judicial administration is pretty much influenced by beijing  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-10 23:35:41 |Display all floors
This post was edited by incarnationabc at 2014-10-10 23:42
seneca Post time: 2014-10-10 23:23
Hi Sweetie,

I appreciate your alertness and your comment. I am always trying to inspire others. ...

Herr Joseph,

That German journalist definitely was a spy sent by Lao Nainai Merkel. If you were the Chancellor of Germany, you would drive the German Economic Train into cliff... China is the biggest economy now... it would be up to China to decide whether or not to cancel the business with Nanny Merkel, who doesn't have a say...

Oh, FYI, S. Africa, your old homeland, just refused to grant the visa to the monk ringleader- DL...Don't feel any bitter... Herr Joseph... Your gov is wise!!! I am proud of your gov.
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-11 01:14:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2014-10-11 01:16
seneca Post time: 2014-10-10 23:25
I read this morning that Mr Leung has come under HEAVY SUSPICION OF HAVING POCKETED A HUGE BRIBE ...

Bribeable and corrupt ............that is a  minimum qualification for nomination by Beijing.
Before any candidate can considered for nomination, Beijing must see a good track record that he can be bribed lest the guy becomes too uncontrollable.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.