Author: abramicus

Occupy Central's Depressing Failure to Thrive   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-13 10:22:46 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-10-10 15:22
Protestors cannot forever occupy the place.

But, they have already made their points.

Students in many other countries are NOT envious or jealous of the occupy movement in Hong Kong.

Give your head a shake!!!
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-13 10:28:44 |Display all floors
Cdogg Post time: 2014-10-13 10:22
Students in many other countries are NOT envious or jealous of the occupy movement in Hong Kong. ...

I have children who are university students and Student Council members.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-13 11:41:13 |Display all floors

China universities will continue to produce robots and or cynical people who does not care.............and hypocrites in abundance.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-13 11:43:27 |Display all floors
China universities will continue to produce robots and or cynical people who does not care.............and hypocrites in abundance.

Critical thinking and independent thinking is definitely discouraged in the China education system .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-13 17:28:27 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2014-10-13 17:42
coralbay Post time: 2014-10-13 08:17
"HONG KONG IS A PART OF CHINA.  THE PEOPLE OF HONG KONG MUST HAVE A SAY IN WHO GETS ELECTED, AND T ...

DEMOCRACY WITH CHINESE CHARACTERISTICS VERSUS DEMOCRACY WITH WESTERN CHARACTERISTICS differ in two main aspects, but are similar in other ways.

The similarity is that in the West, if you are beholden to foreign interests, especially to Chinese interests or Communism, you will NEVER get onto the ballot, and in China, the same applies, if you are beholden to Western interests, though China is more lenient and open to Capitalists running for office, especially in Hong Kong.

The differences are:

(1) China is more transparent about the vetting process and its goal:  to prevent foreign subversion o fthe Chinese government and economy through screening of the candidates for HK Chief Executive by the National People's Congress in open debate, while Western "democracies" vet their nominees behind closed doors and their reasons never see the light of day.

(2) The loyalties of the candidates are different as East is to West.  In China, they have to be loyal to China, and in the West, to the Western country they belong to.  This difference is one of substance, rather than of form.

The good thing about Democracy with Chinese Characteristics is that the voters are crystal clear about what the candidates stand for, while in a Democracy with Western Characteristics, the voters are often made to believe promises that the candidates either never planned on fulfilling or are incapable of fulfilling.

A bonus to the voters in a Democracy with Chinese Characteristics is that merely getting elected does not make the winner a legitimate official.  He or she has to prove by his or her actions that his or her policies are effective in benefiting the majority of his or her constituency, or he or she gets removed.  In Western democracies, winning the election is almost like having a license to take money from the public purse and individuals' pockets.  There is very little accountability of the winner to the voters until the next election, which makes it easy for him to ignore the voices of those who elected him.

DEMOCRACY WITH CHINESE CHARACTERISTICS IS OPEN AND HONEST IN INSISTING THAT A CHINESE DEMOCRACY IS A CHINA OF THE CHINESE, FOR THE CHINESE AND BY THE CHINESE, AND NOT A CHINA OF THE WEST, FOR THE WEST, AND BY THE WEST.  DEMOCRACY WITH CHINESE CHARACTERISTICS IS TOLERANT OF THE DEMOCRACIES OF OTHER COUNTRIES THAT PUT THEIR NATIONAL INTERESTS AHEAD OF EVERYTHING ELSE.  BUT DEMOCRACIES WITH WESTERN CHARACTERISTICS REFUSES TO RECOGNIZE DEMOCRACIES WITH ANOTHER COUNTRY'S NATIONAL INTERESTS PUT AT THE FOREFRONT.  IT ASSUMES AND INSISTS THAT ANY DEMOCRACY THAT DOES NOT PUT WESTERN INTERESTS AT THE TOP OF ITS PRIORITIES CANNOT BE A GENUINE DEMOCRACY.  THE OPPOSITE IS ACTUALLY THE CASE.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-13 17:42:58 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2014-10-13 17:28
DEMOCRACY WITH CHINESE CHARACTERISTICS VERSUS DEMOCRACY WITH WESTERN CHARACTERISTICS differ in two ...

China shoots students

HK don't shoot students.

And that is a big difference

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-13 17:58:37 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-10-13 17:42
China shoots students

HONG KONG DOES NOT SHOOT STUDENTS BECAUSE LEUNG IS IN CHARGE.  

LET PATTEN WEAR HIS SHOES, AND LET HIM WATCH CHINESE STUDENTS DENOUNCE THE BRITISH MONARCHY FOR DESPOTISM IN APPOINTING HIM TO BE HONG KONG'S UNELECTED VICEROY . . . AND YOU WILL SEE THE REAL FACE OF WESTERN DEMOCRACY TOWARDS THE HONG KONG CHINESE.

AGAIN, ANOTHER LESSON AS TO WHY CHINESE DEMOCRACY CANNOT ALLOW OPEN NOMINATION FOR FOREIGN POWERS TO RETURN TO HONG KONG POLITICS.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.