Views: 7501|Replies: 9

Chongqing young student travelling by train from China to Germany     [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-9-12 13:24:58 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Little_Bear at 2014-9-12 13:25

You Yikun, 22, completed his long-awaited train trip from southwest China’s Chongqing City to Munich City in Germany, where he is expected to study as an exchange student for a semester in Munich University of Applied Sciences, on August 30, 2014.

Seen a valuable gift to celebrate his 21st birthday on September 29th, the exciting journey has taken him across China, Mongolia, Russia, Estonia, Poland, Germany and several other countries.

Although he had made intensive preparations for the trip, yet You still met some difficulties when touring so many countries on train. For instance, local police from Russian security departments found it hard to identify him with his photo on his passport, when he presented them his passport. Meanwhile, he also found that it was difficult to exchange with Russians since there are fewer people speaking in English, Chinese, and Spanish, which he can talk well.

However, he survived from the trip and landed him well in Munich, adding that the journey has benefitted him much.

When asked why he embarked on the journey, You explained that he had planed it for a long time since he is enthusiastic towards travelling abroad by train.

He added that all the expenses came from his part-time salaries earned in Spain, where he pursued his master degree after graduating from a college in Chongqing 2011.

01.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-12 13:26:28 |Display all floors

All train tickets used by You Yikun on his trip

02.jpg

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-9-12 14:12:12 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-9-12 14:07
Nothing extraordinary, really - except that today is the 12th of September, and this guy was suppo ...

Well if the HST links had been built he would have made it on time

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-12 21:15:09 |Display all floors
Only one ticket sold in China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-12 21:25:48 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-9-12 01:07
Nothing extraordinary, really - except that today is the 12th of September, and this guy was suppo ...

what's the hurry...in college i didnt even go to my classes but i did show up just for my syllabus to make sure when is the midterm & final exam (no need to buy no textbooks either just go to library for it)...that's the benefit for bein a science major student (no term papers no nothin)  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-12 22:14:28 |Display all floors
I also have this kind of thought to make an abroad trip during my next study years. Canada is the destination I am longawaited all the time. Althought there no anyone I recognized in Canada and I just want to go there to live one year by my own. I just want to experience all the process when an individual live in a completely new city.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-18 16:24:19 |Display all floors
It is really an amazing journey and experience!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.