Views: 4161|Replies: 11

How do you celebrate the Teachers’ Day? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-9-9 22:38:21 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Little_Bear at 2014-9-9 22:48

As millions of Chinese teachers will jointly celebrate the annual Teachers' Day on September 10th, 2014, their students of all levels are expected to rack their brains to think about what kinds of gifts to be delivered to their teachers as a way to express their gratitude for teachers' considerate teaching over past several years.

For instance, a growing number of students have worked with their parents to send their teachers valuable presents in order to hope their teachers to help them more in their academic studies since kindergarten. Although the practice has received much criticism from the public, yet few of them have taken efforts to improve the social phenomenon.

Therefore, if you were a student or parents of students, what kinds of gifts would you help your kids choose for their teachers? Do you support them to send valuable presents to teachers and how to mitigate the negative social phenomenon from your perspectives?

01.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-10 08:14:09 |Display all floors
Say happy Teachers' Day to my teachers, or prepare gifts for them

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-10 08:24:09 |Display all floors
"growing number of students have worked with their parents to send their teachers valuable presents in order to hope their teachers to help them more in their academic studies since kindergarten."

sad...being a teacher is an underpaid profession, because the satisfaction is supposed to make up for the low pay. gifts should only be given as a gesture of appreciation, rather than as an incentive for the teacher to specifically help a particular student. teachers should be giving help where they see fit, not because they have received a valuable gift from someone...

if a student needs extra attention, they should talk to the teacher about it and work out some plan, for example, find a tutor if necessary...
There is progress whether you are going forward or backward; the thing is to move.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-9-10 08:57:00 |Display all floors
Payday is Teachers day in Australia

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-10 09:12:39 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2014-9-10 08:57
Payday is Teachers day in Australia

Can you tell us more information about the payday in your country?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-10 10:14:57 |Display all floors
My major is English education in school,  but I did not work as a teacher after graduation. I do show great appreciation to the contribution teachers  carry out. It is not easy to be excellent teachers. I think we should encourage kids to make cards or gifts themselves to show their thanks to teachers. No matter we like it or not, lots of patents provide expensive gifts to teachers so that the teachers will pay extra attention to their kids' education, which has become a trend. For those who are less income families, it is a burden for them. That's one of the reasons that it is not easy to bring up kids nowadays.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-10 10:17:45 |Display all floors
happy teachers' day to all teachers...and as i am a teacher i myself, happy teachers' day to me, too.
but as a parent, of course, i will prepare some special gifts, flowers or some vip cards..
no other choice, cause china is a "acquaintance society ".

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.