Author: DSseeing

10 top misconceptions about China   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-8-11 05:55:48 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-8-10 13:32
Robert, I have not quoted any figures, you have and when asked to back them up you give a silly an ...

Because I don't want to do all your research for you.
Does the truth seem silly to you?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-8-11 06:03:45 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-8-11 05:55
Because I don't want to do all your research for you.
Does the truth seem silly to you?

Robert, what a predictable answer from you. It is not about research, it is about you showing what you posted is correct, to any free thinking person the fact that you refuse to say where your figures come from leads us to think that you have no facts to back up your claim.

Random internet searches claim figures from 59 million to 200 million, now tell us which site you think is correct

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-11 06:15:45 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2014-8-9 18:51
Overall, the article does point out misconceptions about China, to its credit.  

While China is not ...

"even if Chinese version of Communism with everyone owning private property".  

Not exactly. You may own the apartment, but the land is basically a 70 year lease. More than long enough for a single lifetime, but what about heirs when the 70 years are up? If the home transfers as an estate asset or as a parent, you sign it over to a child does that reset the clock to another 70 years?
Proud supporter of Blessing Hands Charity.  https://sites.google.com/a/blessing-hands.org/blessing-hands/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-11 06:20:36 |Display all floors
laurenjunior Post time: 2014-8-9 22:26
Those who have COMMON SENSE will become super power , And US of A has plenty of it , and it is eno ...

The US has plenty of common sense! Enough for the world to live in peace!  Did you type that with a straight face?
Proud supporter of Blessing Hands Charity.  https://sites.google.com/a/blessing-hands.org/blessing-hands/

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-8-11 06:29:50 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-8-10 14:03
Robert, what a predictable answer from you. It is not about research, it is about you showing what ...

I believe they're all wrong. Nobody can tell.
But it's a fact that Christians lie and always exaggerate their numbers.
It's probably closer to 25 million.
This is on the internet so now you can count 25 million as the lowest estimate and one
claimed by a non-Christian.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-11 09:12:41 |Display all floors
Post #7 ... "The Chinese Dream".

This is not the Chinese Dream. This is Xi Jinping's dream. He did not poll 1.4 billion people, asking them what their dreams were. It is a logical fallacy to actually believe that every Chinese person in every corner of China wants what Xi Jinping wants.

This is just like Hu Jintao's "Harmonious Society". It never happened, nor will it ever happen. I believe George Orwell already predicted that, tho.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-11 09:40:16 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.